Monday, May 22, 2023

T stands for Life is Busy....

 

But i try to make time to stop and smell the flowers..... but you have to be careful around here... alot of things have thorns... If you look close theres a little bee in there covered in pollen... 


We've had over 3 inches in rain over this last week.... OMGosh very , very welcomed rain... and more predicted... It sure is making the weeds grow in my yard though... I was already behind because of our vacation.. So the weeds are keeping  me busy.. 


Besides the cactus blooming ... Mexican Hats are everywhere... so pretty... also called Ratibida columnifera ... They are in the Aster Family... I couldn't resist picking myself some... for the little vase i found on vacation... 


Speaking of vacation... here is another pic from vacation... I climbed over a guard rail/ scrambled over some rocks because i saw some cool shells i might like to take home... Only problem.... they were all occupied.... by hermit crabs.... lol  So i tossed them all back in the water... darn... 


I thought i'd show a coffee mug i picked up on vacation at Cracker Barrel restaurant... For those of you who don't know they also have a little store attached to the restaurant where they sell really unique items...  Like i NEED another coffee cup... but i fell in love with it!  I'll just part with a coffee mug i really don't care for and viola! I have room for the new one...lol Do you do that?? Coffee cups have reached a point where if one comes in , one must go out! 


And last but not least my daughter and i know each other well and sent each other a coffee mug for Mother's Day...lol I just love the one she sent me! Its beautiful! I hope everyone has had a good week. I'm so looking forward to all of us gathering for tea!! I'll see you soon!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

17 comments:

  1. That blooming cactus is just gorgeous. And I like both of those mugs. That one your daughter sent you is really unique and so interesting to look at. I hope your weeds don't grow too much, and have a happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost missed the pollen-covered bee--lol!
    Too bad all the pretty shells were already claimed as homes. ;)
    Looks like you have to get rid of two lesser favorite mugs now. The new ones are great! That is a good plan...heard that before...something new comes in and something old has to go out. Not sure I could stick to it, though--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mugs. I have so many that some of them have to be on a high shelf out of the way.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing your cactus blooms-so pretty, and the bee was special to see. I love handmade pottery-awesome mugs-enjoy using them
    Happy T hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to laugh about the coffee mugs, my cabinet is overflowing, too, and my visitor at the weekend brought me a new mug, too. And If I see nice ones, I have to get them!. Love your flowers, but bummer with the shells with occupants! Happy T Day, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to get rid of a mug to bring in a new one or hubby picks the one to go which we can't have! LOL. Love both your new mugs. Great pictures of the flowers, and so glad you threw the shell back. I know that was a shock! Happy T-day Deb and lots of hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Cracker Barrel store is so fun. The mug you got is very pretty, but I'm in love with the blue (just my color) mug your daughter sent you. I need to get outside to do some weeding on the hill where the daffodils bloom. The weeds took over, but that would be a perfect spot for the sunflower seeds you sent. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cactus blooms are beautiful. There may be thorns, but that doesn't seem to bother the adorable and very happy bee.

    Those Mexican Hats are fabulous. Really lovely. I have a vase very similar to the one you bought on vacation. I think it was my Grandmother's.

    I love both mugs. Cracker Barrel always has such unique gifts. Their sales strategy is impressive. You have to pass thru the gift shop before you get to the restaurant. I think the mug your daughter sent is my favorite, though. Not only do I love the color, I love the texture.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely flowers, the shell you had to throw back, and both beautiful mugs with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cactus is beautiful as well as your table arrangement. I have never seen a Ratibida but they certainly are unique.
    You have great taste in mugs. Both are beautiful!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb, I saw your note - my zip is 36022. I have yours ready to mail!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty flowers! I love the mugs. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty flowers! I love those coffee mugs - I sometimes can't resist buying just one more, Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flowers are so pretty. Nothing like that here in Ontario. Love your cups too. It's a bit cold here today but we are staying inside anyway so let the wind blow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Mexican Hats grow along the coast here and I do like them a lot. Your mugs are beautiful - good idea to get rid of two not so favorite ones instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The flowers are amazing. I love Mexican Hats. Your mugs are so special. I really like the first. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish you had a lovely T-day. The flowers of the cactus are beautifuf Cute little bee! I like very much your wonderful mugs!
    Have a great Friday and weekend
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cactus blooms and nice to see your seashell finding. I like the mugs in these photos. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
    Happy belated T-day and a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete