Monday, December 11, 2023

T stands for.... Christmas Spirit...

 Mr and Mrs. Santa Claus have been with me for oh... 36 years i think.. I painted them while i was pregnant with my daughter... they have yellowed with age.. but they have been with me everywhere.. with nary a scratch.. (knock on wood)... I toted them to Germany, Texas, California, Arkansas, and back to Texas.. 

Slowly but surely over the month of December Christmas springs up around the house.. it starts slowly right after Thanksgiving... usually with my Christmas cards... I have every Christmas card i have ever been sent since the beginning of my marriage 34 years ago.. all in a stack with a ribbon around it..

My eclectic Snowman collection....sorry about the bad photo...poor lighting.. They bring me such joy as i unwrap them every year... 


I love my Christmas village.. I try to add a little something every year... 


Another collection... they are made of cast iron and stained glass... i always have my eye out for them in the thrift shops..  i hadn't found one in awhile and then just this year i came across the Santa one at Goodwill i think.. 


I flirted with the idea of making my Christmas cards this year but with time quickly getting away from me i had to pass on that... maybe next year.. But i did manage a prototype.. I watercolored the tree and stamped the fox.. pretty fun!! 


Hoping the Christmas Spirit is finding its way into your life... I'll close with a pic of Hubby eating his very favorite food.... he doesn't get it often so you have no idea just how happy he is sitting there eating his Ramen and Diet Mountain Dew... 😋

So there's my ticket to the T party. If i don't manage to get back on here before Christmas I wish each and every one of you a beautiful Christmas.. I'll be around to visit!! Hugs! deb 

12 comments:

  1. I think the wonderful thing about decorating for Christmas is putting out all the things you've had for years.I don't have quite enough space to put everything out, but it's good to know you have them. I love seeing all your pieces. Those snowmen are really fun, and your recessed mantel makes a great spot for your village too. Happy t day Deb. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly love your Christmas decorations, Deb, and it shows. We used to have a Christmas village when my daughter was small, but then we (mainly she) decided to sell it for money to get her some extra money for college - a good exchange, I think. For the life of me I can't find my wooden Christmas decorations from Germany - I suspect there are somewhere in the attic, but I really don't feel like going up there. Happy T day and merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have a wonderful time getting out these treasures. I love miniatures so the villages look great to me.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see all the treasures you decorate your house. Ramen is a staple here with my girlies. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowmen are great. I love seeing what others collect. I have a few snowmen, but I don't put them out until I take down my Christmas decorations.

    What a beautiful Christmas village. It is simply stunning.

    Other than rocking horses, the only thing I decorate with are my table top trees and other tree goodies. I was blown away by the cards you have saved over the years.

    Ramen noodles are a staple here,. I could eat them every day, except for the sodium. Looks like he's enjoying them and his diet Mountain Dew. Thanks for sharing your Christmas decorations, the noodles, and diet Mountain Dew with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    BTW, I love your prototype card. I haven't even started mine yet. I may have to buy mine this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Christmas treasures especially the snowmen, amazing you have saved all of your christmas cards- I usually go through them and cut up a few for crafts I remember ramen noodles were a big college dorm food-well back in the late "60's haha
    I just love the stamp on your card, and the watercolor painted tree is so beautiful
    Happy T probably will not join back in till after the new year
    Hugs from the lake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seasonal greetings to you both!
    I love the mantelpiece village

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always loved looking at the villages but have never owned one and would have no place to put it--lol! Lovely collections. Your card prototype is wonderful! Happy holidays to you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I really like the banner on your blog. Mr. and Mrs. Santa look so good. What a nice keepsake. Your snowmen and village are so pretty. Glad your hubby got his favorite food. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our "bunch" traveled the world, too... till Ingo forgot them in the train (we got them back!!!!):-
    First time I made three Christmas cards - was fun! Your prototype looks great.
    Happy pic of your Hubby. Great cap, too. I think a big thank you is appropriate.
    Have a happy Christmas-time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely prototype and great photo of your hubby eating his ramen.
    It's always lovely to get the old treasures out. I too have a box of treasured ornaments and baubles that have traveled the world. But this year I can't find them, so my decorations are either new or borrowed.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are excellent collections....they would be my favourites as well.

    ReplyDelete