Monday, January 24, 2022

 Baking Cookies for my Sweety



Always bake cookies for my Sweety...... Baking with a 3 year old?  Haven't done that in 
30 years!  I noticed a new level of patience in me as a grandparent that wasn't there as a parent. Maybe because i'm not holding down a full time job AND baking with a 3yr old.
I think as a parent it was more, "OK let's get this done so i can check it off the list... Don't make a huge mess so i have to spend time to clean it up... let's just get through the dough..." And NOW as a Grandma it more "ALRIGHT let's have FUN!!!!" And i can't help but wish it was more about the fun when my daughter was little.  Oh we still had fun but it wasn't my main objective if you know what i mean. And my granddaughter and i we had FUN even if she did eat more decorations than she made cookies.. LOL ! Never forget it supposed to be FUN!

Trying to get the blog going again.... trying it on for size.. see how it fits... Lots has changed on Blogger so still finding my way around. That Header picture is really really big.. I'd like to make it smaller but haven't figured that out...  First i guess is lets see if i can make blogging a habit again.. :)  See you soon!.......... i hope Hugs! deb



3 comments:

  1. so good to see you again Hugs
    I had very good times growing up baking and cooking with my Grandma on her farm so I can relate to the memories for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to seeing your awesome art work again.
    I remember baking cookies with my granddaughter when she was three and as she climbed up on the chair she 5urned to me and said, “Grandma you better go get your camera. I’m going to look very cute doing this and you will want pictures “. So true and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you again in blogland!!!
    Yes, Blogger has changed. Sometimes I can't even comment on blogs so I hope this goes through.
    I haven't been able to make cookies with the grandsons but they do with Mama and Daddy every Christmas (also egg dying at Easter)...too much standing and bending for me anymore. So I have the FUN of reading books to them or playing card and board games or making crafts or art. That I can physically handle and we all enjoy immensely! :) :) You're right--being Grandma feels quite different. Mellower. ;)

    ReplyDelete