Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Mornings.......

 

This is where i spend my mornings  .... in the new house.. Imagine a cup of coffee sitting there too.... decaff these days... Which i've gotten quite used to... This is where i write my blog posts ~ do a little sketching ~ try out a new origami ~ lose myself in Pinterest ~ get sucked up into YouTube videos like : The Great Canadian Baking Show..., Portrait Artist of the Year series...., Landscape Artist of the Year series..., The artistic teachings of Ginger Cook..., the adventures of Nanny and the Moose.... lol   All over a cup or two of coffee.... My built in chef hubby will bring me egg whites with spinach and mushrooms with a little salsa on top.... yes. I. am. spoiled.... 


Do you have a special place in the mornings you like to be?  My grandmother used to get up at 5 am to have a cup of coffee and time to herself... The rest of the day she was always waiting on someone or helping someone ... baking .. cooking..cleaning..  etc.. but mornings were hers...I'd often wake up and hear her outside watering her flowers in the early morning light... And if you were really quiet and you came upon her as she sat in the early morning darkness you would catch her talking to herself in a whisper... she always said it was alright as long as she didn't answer herself...lol  See the picture on the wall?   My brother in law painted that back in the 80's.  We just love it and drag it around everywhere we move. It always seems to find a home on the wall.. I hope your having a great week!  I'm testing out new text colors and fonts... if you like one better than another... easier to read etc... let me know! Hugs! deb

6 comments:

  1. The painting is beautiful almost looks like a photo. Beautiful spot for the mornings. Nice your husband cooks for you-hugs.
    The fonts are a little hard for me read-maybe a bit small-but I have old eyes now haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fonts are a bit small for me but I have wonky eyesight. I could still read it though. The painting looks great.
    Every home runs on his own timeline and habits are hard to change as we get older. I'm the cook in our house. We don't like winter so we spend a lot of time indoors right now... even more with COVID being so active and we have restrictions here until Monday. Thank goodness for indoor hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There!! The fonts could be a little larger. The background is GREAT!! So wonderfully bright. I knew you were going to move but not sure where you actually moved to. Terry and I have a large living area in my grandson's home here in the high desert. Our bedroom used to be the house living room before there were additions. We also have "my room" a large walk in closet, a LARGE full bath and linen closet. Our rooms are closed to the rest of the house by a door to the hall way. We also have a outside entrance that opens to a small porch and huge deck. I have a favorite chair in our room where I spend my morning (I get up at 5). We are patiently waiting for more updates to the main house that will include a dining room and possibly a custom booth in the kitchen. I will probably establish a new "favorite" place. Life is racing by but living on this isolated mountain is relaxing.

    Thanks for the invite to your new blog.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. originally your invite went to spam and I just saw it today. I was surprised more didn't follow you here so maybe the invite was lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did this because i have a few issues when i type and tend to type away and hit the preview button and lost everything so i will keep this one small just in case. glad you have returned. more later if this goes thru

    ReplyDelete