Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Decisions.... Decisions.... Decisions....

 


Just a quickie post..... I need your help...  The Art and Craft Department of the  StockShow and Rodeo is having their competition starting April 1st through the 17th. But i have to have my Entry Form turned in by Mar 12 so some decisions have to be made... I can only entry 2 of these colored pencil drawings. I'm having a hard time deciding which 2...


Now i will warn you... not to get your hopes up . As a rule whenever i have entered a drawing in the past it has not done well...  But... I like to enter... i like to put it out there. I like the idea that people are seeing my art... I'd like to be a little fly on the wall to hear if people comment... good or bad... I just don't think i'm the judges 'cup of tea'...

I wish i'd given you better pictures to make your decisions with but the lighting wasn't very good.. All of these are a little brighter than they seem... The judging criteria is :  Composition/Design, Technique, Creativity/Originality, Overall Effect ..... Sooooo....?  I've thought about cutting the hand out from the background and just putting the hand in a frame but that would lose the quote.. is that good or bad... Any input would be appreciated... Gotta pick 2! Thanks! Hugs! deb 

6 comments:

  1. IMNSHO if you want to submit the hand, leave the quote. I'm biased, but lettering elevates everything. I like the mythical cat drawing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is a tough decision I love both of them Having to choose I would pick the hand it draws me in more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops sorry, I would pick the cat then as the second one and don't do anything to the hand I agree with CJ

      Delete
  3. Well, they always say to Know Your Audience so that should be the first consideration because they are both of equal artistic value. I choose the hand. I like the cat but not better than the hand. Lettering...yes.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol!!! I appreciate it! Tell me can you see three pictures? You are the second person to only mention 2 pictures....You should see a goofy dragon fly too??

      Delete
  4. All are lovely, but I would submit the last two. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete