Friday, April 1, 2022

The Results are in.....

 

......and in no particular order ( well let's call it blogspot's order).. The wreath did rather well !!!! I'm so glad! 
... and Hermie!!!  Poor little guy he was up against some tough competition... lol 
As has been the case in the past the judges are not too impressed with my drawing ability...lol But thats ok.. I LOVE it! And i'm really glad lots of people are getting to see it... Maybe it will spur someone else on to draw! 
The real surprise for me is this one!!  That was really out of left field for me...  My Vanilla Extract box took first place!!Woot woot!! Tickled pink about this one!! 
Alas.... they were not so impressed with my Magnolia Seed Pod Tree...   But it remains a favorite of mine and my husbands... I think my husband enjoys the creativity of seeing something else in a seed pod.. 
My woodburned owl took second!  An extraordinary piece of wood work stole the show at first.. I plan on alot more woodburning in my future.. I really enjoy it.. 
Aaaahhh... Mr. Snake.... did not do well... to be honest i thought he would do well ... He's one of my favorite.. 
And again the drawing did not do well ......... All in all not too bad of a turn out... It was crazy this year that i had that many to turn in... I don't expect that to happen again.. But it was so so much fun... We'll have to wait and see what kind of creativity i get into this year... lol  Thanks so much for taking the time to look and comment... See you on Food Wednesday! Enjoy your weekend!!! Hugs! deb

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Deb, You should feel quite pleased with several winning ribbons. One never knows what the judges are thinking or wanting.
    It must feel good though to have many art entries.
    Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you got at least some ribbons, but I do believe you should have gotten more. I love your creative creations! My daughter's mother-in-law is a master potter and she showed me once a piece she made that was absolutely beautiful...and it didn't even get accepted into the show! Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was impressed with your ribbons. I loved the Vanilla box and it appears the judges did, too. I also LOVED your owl. Congrats on all those ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did so well, Glad Hermie did well too, but my seed pod, they don't understand. I love mine. I am glad you had fun too. So for two weeks they will be shared with the whole town and beyond. Love, love the wood burn owl. Glad to hear you will be doing more. Have fun, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved your drawings. I hope you remember that they have always captured by attention and awe. I think judges might have found them too whimsy rather than classic. But you made a really great showing. Congrats on your talent being recognized.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I apologize that I have not visited more. You gave me permission before to add your old blog. When I clicked on it, it shows it's been removed. I hope you will allow me to add this new one, because I see I have missed several posts, including Kathy's Food Wed., which I will also rejoin on April 27.

    Second, you asked and I quote: "Is it poor Tparty etiquette to take more than one day to visit everyone??" All I can say is, I sure hope NOT because I have taken two days to visit many participants, and I'm the host!! Please believe me when I say it is definitely not poor etiquette to take several days to visit other T participants. I would personally love to have you join us, again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you on Altered Book Lover's blog-I have loved looking at your art! And that cake below looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete