Monday, May 16, 2022

Let's Start.........

 

..............with my ticket to the Tparty! I really enjoy making little vignettes do you? And Elizabeth's T party gives me the perfect opportunity to do that.. I've had a busy week as you will see from my picture heavy post... So i'll try to keep my words short but sweet.. :) 

We made another trip to the Concho River and were very graciously welcomed by a gaggle of geese! Mind you they thought they were going to get fed.


And were a little upset when they weren't... oooops forgot to bring anything for them..  But on we go... 


            ........to find a grey squirrel on a limb... 


........... a rock squirrel on a rock!  We call them rock squirrels not sure about the real name.. 


      Wind chimes were just beautiful in the trees.. 

                    And art is everywhere!!! 



Art at home too!  I painted a turtle shirt for my granddaughter... She turns 4 this month... 

                     I put a spiral on the back.... 


    ... and brought a couple over the shoulder...Keep in mind.. you have to wash the shirt first.. You can use fabric paint but i used acrylic mixed 50/50 with textile medium and i ironed it good after it dried...  I hope she loves it! 


My post would not be complete without sharing our trip to the metal scrap yard... I thought the textures were just extraordinary so i wanted to share a few pics.. 

Isn't that just amazing?  I'll leave you with one final pic from the scrap yard... Its a warning.... 


I want you to pay particular attention to #8!  No radioactive material... seriously?!  Then hubs and i tried to think what would your average everyday person have that would have radioactive material in it? .. We came up with maybe a microwave... or medical supplies?? Any ideas?? Hope your having a great week! I'll be around to visit!! Hugs! deb


 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, great post with fun photos. Loved all the critters and those geese, hadn't seen a rock squirrel before. Really loved the art, and the scrapyard does look like art too. not sure about radioactive material either
    Happy T hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turtle shirt is so adorable! I am amazed at the detail and the depth that you achieved. Great job and I am sure your granddaughter will love it.
    I enjoy making vignettes. They are the perfect place to take a picture. Yours looks lovely and I think my favorite item is the Moravian star.
    As to the radioactive question, I had to ask hubby since he is an engineer and works in a field where they deal with that kind of material. I always thought that microwaves were radioactive as well but he said they do not have any radioactive materials in them. They use the micro wave length to heat the water molecules in food but the appliance itself does not contain radioactive material. He said certain types of heavy metals such as lithium and cobalt found in batteries could be radioactive. Anyway, I love all the textures that you found at the scrap yard. Rusty parts are really cool.
    Happy Tea day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Deb. Great post. Love all the textures in the scrap pile. The squirrel photo is my favorite. Kate answered your question, I guess. Good answer, too. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love that bee mug Deb. And those cute little birds. I have some ceramic birds so I should try my own vignette sometime. It looks like you had a very photographic day out. I especially love those geese. What great photos. I hope you have a wonder T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mug!
    My now-teamleader has bees, too, second season.
    LOL, poor geese, they sure were disappointed.
    Ohhh, cousins of Peanut, as I call our squirrels.
    Love all the art. I bet she will love that shirt!
    The scrap yard sure gives some art, too.
    Yes, some weird stuff. I read about Asbestos that might be in our tram! Thought it´s a joke, but, no.
    Have a healthy T-Day is what comes to mind! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scrapyard was a fun place to visit, but I hope I don't have any radioactive stuff at my home! Love the Tee you made for your granddaughter, so gorgeous. Happy T Day, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post! I love your collection of birds. A lovely walk along the river. The poor geese. If you feed them, no white bread as it's not good for them. Bring them bird seed. I think your granddaughter is going to love that shirt. The mountains of scrap metal make pretty good sculptures. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that T shirt is amazing! I'm sure that your granddaughter will love it 😁. The details of each little turtle is amazing and must have taken you ages to create, it's such a beautiful labour of love! I enjoyed walking with you and seeing all the wildlife and wow, that metal scrapyard is amazing. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still having trouble leaving comments. I hope this one publishes.

    Those geese are adorable and I have never heard of a rock squirrel before.

    I thought I had died and went to heaven when I saw that rusty scrap pile. What I would give to bring some vinegar soaked fabric to that pile and allow it to rust a few days in the sun and heat.

    Those are lovely murals. I know once you start looking for them, they are everywhere.

    That tee you painted for your granddaughter is fabulous. I know she is going to love it.

    I love to create vignettes. I have them everywhere in my house. I have them on most flat surfaces and on the walls, too. I adore your little birds, the lantern, and the bee mug you shared with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking as though I can comment on this post. Your walk looks interesting though white geese are part of a bad memory from my childhood! Love the turtles you painted for your Granddaughter. I loved the sheep on last weeks post - here the city emblem is a bee so there are lots of painted bees around! Hugs and Happy T Day, Chrisx

      Delete
  10. Hi Deb what a fun post. There is a North American Rock Squirrel so you got the name right. LOL I love going to the scrap yard. It truly gets my creative side going. Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved every bit of this! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post! So much to see.
    What a great bee mug! And I love those ceramic birds.
    Of course I absolutely love that turtle shirt. I love turtles and I'm sure your granddaughter will love it.
    The wall art (is it mosaic?) is fab and I love all the animals that you have captured.
    Seeing your wind chimes, reminded me that I would like to get some windchimes for our patio. (Or will it drive my hubby crazy? Hmmm...)
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete