Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Making Lemonade out of a Lemon.....

 

But before we get down to the business of Lemonade let me tell you we got lucky yesterday!! RAIN! lots and lots of rain.. a deluge! Not once, not twice... but THREE times yesterday!! There should have been dancing in the streets.. but um.. no... But it was wonderful.. There's more predicted for this evening so we'll see... 


...........and lets take care of my ticket to the party...( incase the deluge doesn't count as a drink) Sorry for the terrible lighting.. its a dull dreary day.. Here's my cup of 'Donut Hole ' decaf coffee... fresh from my Keurig.. And i thought i'd show you my two little pen/pencil holders that used to be flower pots... At the store... Lowe's i think they had dead plants in them and they marked them down for me.. 


.......... and now for the Lemon... In all honesty i cannot say that this product is a Lemon... It is in all probability my fault.. But for me the instructions were vague... the few pictures tiny and not clear.. So whats a person to do?? Go to YouTube!!!  I had hoped the company had put up a video to help but was not so lucky.. I tried a similar video (see here) but had a hard time getting it to translate to my product.. So what to do.. ? I glued it and tore it apart several times before deciding life is too short for this mess... So..


I made several PostCards..... 


I apologize the glitter makes it not want to focus.. 

And some cards.........


So with a little bit of glitter... (ok ALOT of glitter) and a little gold paint on the edges etc.. 

I did my best to make Lemonade out of a Lemon.. and if you read this far here's an updated photo of my Fish painting..  Still working on it.. probably for the rest of my life.... lets hope not! lol 


ALL the rocks are textured now.... Now i have to shade them all.. The brown strips are suppose to be sand and i want to crackle that surface.. Tried a practice crackle last night but no crackles.. Its a One Step Crackle.. don't know how i can mess up one step but i did.. hmmmm.. Take care ! Have a good week! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

12 comments:

  1. I hope this means the drought in Texas is easing up. Now if the rain can only go further West. (You are in Texas?)

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Dancing that you finally got a good amount of rain-I probably would have gone out and thanked mother nature haha
    I love those little pottery containers now perfect for pens, and I love your pottery mug. You did good making lemonade out of lemons-now you have some fun mail to send off. What was it suppose to be?
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and good for you sticking with your large paint project-it will be awesome when completed

      Delete
  3. I love how you were creative despite the disappointment. Your postcards turned out lovely as well as the fish!
    I really love your mug.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy for your rain- but we've gotten so much of it I'd love to send it your way:). The cards and postcards you created from the kit are beautiful! Much better than the original. Fish art is looking great too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of something a colleague sad today about project managers.
    I have to translate, he said it in German. A lemon butterfly is called Zitronenfalter, "lemon folder".
    If you thought project managers manage projects you also believe lemon folders fold lemons.
    Haaaaaa...
    Love the fishes! Happy T-Day and hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *said, not sad, boy, it was a long day. Does it count as excuse? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for rain!! Hope for more! Like what you did with the flowers - great ideas! Super cute pencil holders and great coffee cup. All good. Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wichita has gotten over six inches of rain in the past 20 hours. We are now under a flood watch until Friday. Rain is forecast for the next three days. So I'm not dancing, I'm rowing!

    Love those little pots. What a clever use for them. And I like that mug, too.

    Sorry about your card kit, but you got a LOT more than four cards by not getting the directions. You certainly DID make lemonade, Deb. Thanks for sharing your rain, your lovely cards and postcards, your new pots, and your decaf coffee with us for T this Tuesday, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you put the project pieces together and used them even if you didn't do the original project. That large painting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice art, glad you got some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for your rain! Boo for your lemon kit, but at least you got some nice cards out of it even if they don't pop up. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete