Tuesday, May 31, 2022

T stands for This and That....

 

Good Morning fellow T partyers ! Or whatever time of day it happens to be for you!  I'm sitting here about 8:30 am my time, typing this up over a cup of coffee.. The construction workers building the house next to us are up and at it... uuughh.. But i better just get used to it because this will be going on for some time... 


This is another repair job complete... My moss T did not travel well in the move from Arkansas to Texas. I had just enough moss left over in a bag to finish it..  i do not see any more moss projects in my future... What a mess!!! 

Hubby is bouncing off the walls this morning. The spray foam insulation guys are supposed to come this morning and do their thing!!! We have spent all week preparing his shop for just that and yesterday used the cool of the morning to plastic what needed plastic... and remove the last little bit of tools and material that needed to come out.. Can you believe its time?  We've gone from dirt to cement slab to this! That wood framing you see is all the way around the inside of the shop... And it was free!!! A few of the builders around here said we could have their used wood as long as it had nails or nail holes in it we could have it.. !!! Incredible savings!! 


I can't leave without showing you a little 'friend' that stopped by this week! .. Eeeek! He is sitting on a wood carved bear on my porch.. I've been seeing them all over the place this week.. Thankfully NOT in my house! I'm sure they are some kind of millipede or centipede.. not sure.. Anyone? 


And last but not least i'll  leave you with a recycled photo of my rootbeer as i do have one every day.. I hope you've had a fabulous week and i'll be around to visit today!!! Happy happy T day! Hugs ! deb

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Deb, congrats on your husband's work space-and that was a very awesome savings with the wood for sure-wood is soooo expensive and hard to find right now. that would be annoying listening to all that construction noise every day-kinda like the craziness here at the lake on weekends.
    do make root beer floats? I haven't made me one yet this year-love those for a treat on a hot day. Happy T hugs Kathy oh and the little critter is kinda cute but would not want to see lots of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, looks like you have still got a lot of work to do. Great that you got the wood for free, so happy for you! We've had a huge building site in front of our house since last summer when a huge hole appeared in the road, and in a few days it will be finished, I am so happy! Take care, hope you get everything done to your satisfaction, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moss T turned out well. I keep it on hand for art projects. I get it at the $ store which is now the $1.25 store. LOL Nice to get the insulation in. Ohh I had a diet root beer the other day. Have not had one in decades. It tasted good!!! Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are about to start a big A&W root beer party. I have not had it in a long time, and now I would like one. For me, the diet version. Nice thought!

    Your construction of a shop looks so promising!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I forget, millipedes have 4 legs per segment and centipedes have 2. I tried to tell in the photo, so it depends how brave someone is to get up close. All I know is it is huge! That would drive me crazy to have a construction crew next door. Hopefully all the loud noise will be done soon. And your front foyer looks great. Hope you're having a happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, that visitor would not be welcome in my house either. I normally don't mind as long as they are not so big. This one looks huge!
    Your moss covered T is lovely and looks very comfortable in its place in your hall way. And... of course it is an original entry for the T-Party.
    Great that you were able to have all that wood for nothing. Saves you a lot of money. Have the insulation people been now?
    Rootbeer is something typically American. I don't think I've ever had it. If I remember well it is not a beer at all. Like Ginger Ale is not an ale.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. 08:30, LOL.
    I remember one well deserved holiday at home and the works began at seven, argh.
    Great with the wood for free.
    Your friend is quite huge, brrr.... The beer looks yummy, happy T-Day, and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek, I wouldn't want that anywhere near me ...lol 😉. Your hallway looks so beautiful, I love all the suns and your moss covered letter is perfect! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That moss is great as long as you don't have to shred it. In sheet form it's not bad. In block form, which I have, it's murder to get it to hold together. You did a great repair job.

    The drawbacks of living in a new community that is still being built means the crews will be there awhile. The advantage is you get a lot of free lumber. That is amazing how nice the inside of your husband's new space is.

    That's an EEK alright. Glad it was outside rather than inside.

    I haven't had a root beer for ages. I love to have them for our T party anniversaries, but they are caffeine free, so I can only drink one a year (grin).

    Thanks for sharing your art projects, your husband's new shop, and your root beer with us for T this Tuesday. Sorry, no comment on the EEK!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What happened to my comment and explanation of the napkin swap? It was here earlier. Hope you find it in SPAM.

    ReplyDelete