Tuesday, June 7, 2022

I've Been Playing...

 

..........with magnets... so prepare yourself for a picture heavy post... I will try to keep my words to a minimum... But i will tell you that hubby and i are celebrating our 33rd Anniversary today and tomorrow.. Two days? Its a long story better left for another time.. I have told it on here but quite a long while ago now... Our Anniversary started with REAL eggs this morning and toast !! And ofcourse my coffee ticket to the T party.. 

A close up of the some of the magnets i've made recently... using bottle caps.. The raven ones have a clear dome on them and the butterflies have Glossy Accents on top of them.. 


My sweet hubby who knows me all too well once found one of the magnetic signs people put on their vehicles along side the road... and ofcourse he picked it up for me.. I used my paper punch to punch out magnets... worked like a charm.. Not a strong magnet... If i wanted my magnets to hold up anything i'd have to use a stronger magnet but just to look pretty on my frig it works like a charm! 

Then there's this guy.. I found the image in a catalog and the magnet was in the packaging of the filter for our frig.


           Cut to size... a little glue and TaDaaa!


And finally a little serendipity ... Did you know that the caps off my single serving water bottles fits perfectly inside my large gallon jug water bottle cap?? Wow! Then i just glue the magnet to that.. and decorate the front... 


First i punch the image out and then glue it to a punched circle of cardstock... 


I wasn't satisfied with the sturdiness so i punch a circle of chipboard and added that.. Glue it all together and i put it under a book so they would dry flat.. 


I made a bunch... What you can't see is the shiney finish of Glossy Accents on top.. They really turned out nice.. If you made it this far i have to ask ... Did you see the planetary alignment this morning? I'm up early to go for my walk so i saw it in all its glory. It was magnificent.. All this month you can go outside just before First Light.. In my central time zone thats about 5:45 am.. Look to the East ... You can see 5 planets all in a row! Starting with Mercury then Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.. They are so bright you can't miss them.. AND they are in order.. That won't happen again for another 20 years! Shoot i'll be 75! Let me know if you take a look.. I think i read you can only see it in the Northern Hemisphere.. I didn't get to see Mercury as its low in the horizon and a house was in the way... So much for keeping the words to a minimum.. lol  I hope your having a wonderful T day. Thanks for visiting and i'll be around to see what your up to.. Hugs! deb

PS.. Did you learn the order of the planets in school? We memorized a little saying to help us remember them in order.. 'My Very Earthy Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies'... ofcourse we don't get to use 'Pies' anymore since Pluto lost its planetary status.. 


 

9 comments:

  1. wow, well done on all the recycling to make those cool magnets - they look great! I am not usually up early enough to see the planets but I also didn't know about it, so I will try and get up early tomorrow and see if I can see anything. Hopefully not cloudy. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, what a fun post! LOVE those gorgeous magnets, they look so preofessionally made. Haven't seen the planetar alignment here yet, too cloudy! And happy anniversary, enjoy your celebrations.. And those eggs wsith toast ae making me hungry! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your anniversary!! and loving your magnets. I never got around to looking up when the plants alignment would occur which is a bummer as we are always up right at day break or earlier. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all - a very happy anniversary!! You've done a super job using recycled materials as part of your art magnets. I always loved Glossy Accents for a nice shine on things.
    As for the planets - I'd love to see it but we live in a fairly dense neighborhood of homes, buildings and big old trees so I'd have to not only get up really early but then dress and drive somewhere to catch it - not happening;)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have a few of those bottle-cap magnets from my granddaughters. They used to do all sorts of crafts projects, but they are too busy with college now. For a while they collected little erasers in all sorts of shapes, and later they glued them into bottle caps for part of their project. Also other images. Looks like fun!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool and clever magnets. The mnemonic I learned for the planets: My very educated mother just served us nine peanuts. I think I like pies better. Happy Anniversary πŸ’πŸΎπŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, let me wish you and your husband a very happy anniversary. I hope you have many, many more, too.

    I absolutely LOVE those magnets. They look professionally done. Most impressive and I like how you took us through the steps you took to make them.

    I'll try to go out in the morning to see if I can see the planets in alignment. However, there are trees and houses that really block the eastern sky where I live. Thanks for letting us know, though. I also learned nine pies, then they dropped Pluto and came up with My very educated mother just served us noodles.

    Thanks for sharing your magnets, your planet mnemonic, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb. Sorry I'm late, but the rain stopped and I took time out to mow, weed, expose my bricks, etc. before the rains start again tonight and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun bottle cap magnets and other magnets. You've been busy playing, and playing is always good. And happy anniversary. My husband and I have been married for 33 years also. And I am going to check out the alignment on a morning when it isn't raining. That sounds cool. I hope it was a great T day Deb. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary - I so want to hear that two day story - I have a 2 day anniversary as well but my days are separated (hubby and I married in April and again in June - one quick so we could go on a trip an then our wedding we had already paid for - lol). I just tried to see the planets but it didn't work here in Alabama. Pluto will always be a planet in my book. LOVE your bee cup! Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete