Monday, June 13, 2022

T stands for Coincidence ...

 

I have quite a lot of art to show you but i thought i should wrap up our Anniversary first..  If you visited last week you know it was our 33rd Anniversary... Well we celebrated like we do most years... Dinner and a movie...But the day began with flowers... A most auspicious beginning don't you agree? 


And with nary a second thought i dragged hubby to the Art Museum... This time of year the National Ceramic Competition is going on.. Most are too abstract for our taste and i daresay we walk around shaking out heads in wonder that such things grace the museum.. (It also gives me a ridiculous amount of hope that one day something of mine may be in there...) 

But somethings caught my eye and they were even T party related!


                   Won't you have a spot of T? 


I wish i had taken more photos but it only occurred to me to take pictures near the end.. There are three bunnies here holding a vessel. We really loved this one.. but it did not even receive a merit award.. 


Nor did this one... i thought it was beautifully detailed.. Watermelon Koi.. lol There is a docent that follows you around... (a little unnerving honestly)  so you can ask questions or throw herself between you and a piece of art if you intend to harm it... So we asked if we had missed the Winning Piece and she said she didn't think this competition was like that all they gave out was Merit Awards... 


Well after being dragged around the Art Museum for an hour... Hubby was rewarded with Red Lobster... So don't feel too bad for him.. I didn't take one stinking picture!!! sigh... But then he was persuaded to stop at the second hand bookstore!  Now that hubby is a reader i didn't have to 'persuade' too hard.. And he SCORED!  For those of you who don't know hubby NEVER read... I think in all our years he had read two books.. Then came heart surgery....oh three years ago now and he had to slow down for awhile.. And he started reading the few Clive Cussler books in my collection.. and loved them ( as i knew he would if he would ever pick up a dang book...lol) So now he is on the look out for more.. That day we scored... guess how many... come on guess!!!! 

33!!! Thirty three books for 33 years of marriage! Now isn't that a coincidence?! 

The whole day ended with a fabulous movie! We thoroughly enjoyed it. Its been getting so so reviews ... Is it the best in the franchise... no. Is it entertaining ... yes... Great to see the old actors that started the franchise too.. I can still remember the very first movie and the very first time i heard the T rex roar... It was so loud! I was at the edge of my seat with my mouth open...lol Amazing.. 

If you made it this far I'll leave you with a Hubby shop update... The walls have been foamed! And now he starts the process of putting in electrical and putting plywood over the insulation on the walls... Lookin' good! So next week Art? Its a date! See you then! I'll be around to visit you T party animals!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb
 



16 comments:

  1. Good morning Deb, this was a very fun post! I love pottery so I would have really enjoyed the museum Sounds like you had a wonderful 33rd anniversary doing different things-out to eat, flowers, museum, used book store-big score there, and a movie. On the movie channels on the tv they have been replaying all of the jurassic movies this past week Those were all pretty entertaining..I liked the older ones the best
    So happy your anniversary had so many activities Your husband's shop is coming along nicely, will you be putting in a/c? thanks for sharing and Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. I enjoyed seeing the tea items at the museum. Really like the colorful teapot wall sculpture. Your husband's workshop looks great and so huge! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy anniversary! Fun with the books matching it! We had 28th on Monday last week, not very spectacular, though.
    Wow, you have a lot of space there!
    Happy T-Day! :-) Hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds packed with really good things to do and to eat. Many happy returns!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great anniversary Deb. I would love a day like that, especially a book store and scoring 33 books. I can't wait to see that movie myself. I am a fan of that franchise. And even seeing all the art. There are so many nice tea cups too. I'm glad you had a super anniversary, and I hope you also have a great T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fun coincidence with 33 books and years! I red a lot, mostly 2-3 books a week, I need my books! Loved the teapost in the museum but I wouldn't like to be followed there! Glad the shop is coming along well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah, yes, I see you got hubby to a museum just like I got mine to one recently:):) Interesting to see the abstract art but yes, one does wonder about some of it. Not a style my hubby likes for the most part. And-score!! On all those books. We are both avid readers so we sometimes get into trouble in used bookstores;).Flowers, movie, museum, book shop, and dinner out - what a great way to celebrate your anniversary. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a very lovely anniversary! Big scores on all of it. Quite a coincidence with the 33 books - and very fitting! I love to read and can't imagine a life without books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 33rd anniversary! And you celebrated in such a fun way! The ceramics museum looks like fun (of course you didn't photograph the horrible abstract pieces). What you showed, I liked.
    Thirty three books! Wow! What a coincidence! Anyway he'll be out of your hair for quite a long while. My hubby is dyslexic and has also never read. But after we got married (30 yrs ago) we started reading the Bible together and that helped him improve his reading. From there the step to reading novels was easy. We both have e-readers (Kindle) and I read a bit faster than he does, so I can recommend books. I know what he likes.
    Great that you liked the film. You did not mention which film it was, only that it is a franchise and it has a roaring T-Rex.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous museum, I so enjoyed visiting with you and seeing all those beautiful teapots 😀. Happy Anniversary wishes and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful museum. I too love the watermelon koi. Very cool! And that first teapot would look great in my collection. That is great that your hubby picked up reading. A good way to spend ones time.
    I am looking forward to seeing that movie. We have enjoyed all the rest.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos from the museum. Happy Anniversary!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been without electricity since about 6:30 pm yesterday. Never so glad to get my AC and internet back.

    Happy belated anniversary. What a wonderful way to spend it, too. I loved all those teapots on the wall, and the other ceramic ones. Too bad you had someone chasing you around, though.

    I've been to Red Lobster twice, once with a gift card, once with a friend. Otherwise, I would not have been able to afford it. I love their shrimp platters.

    What a great find to get all those books. So glad your husband likes the detective Bell mysteries.

    Thanks for sharing your flowers, your trip to the art museum, the books your husband got, and your movie with us for T this Tuesday.

    I will send you an e-mail as soon as I am finished visiting everyone for T this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to see how the rest of your anniversary was spent- I did try to comment on your post last week and a couple of others but looked back....no comments to be seen! The pottery exhibition looked great. My hubby never used to be a reader either but in the last year he as started to read all of his King Arthur books that he bought with good intentions and one or two other books too. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! Ours is tomorrow - 34 years for us.
    I finally figured out that it was because I had "block all cookies" on my computer that was stopping me from leaving a comment.
    I've never heard of a venue giving out merit awards and not a winner. No reason why some of your awesome art work cannot be entered next year.

    ReplyDelete