Sunday, January 22, 2023

T Stands for a Post for Kathy at the Lake....

 

...........but first lets check in on my babies... Arabian Night has given me 4 blooms on a stalk but not only that ... she has produced an unprecedented  5th bloom on the same stalk.. see the bud in the upper left hand corner.. ? I have never seen this before , if anyone else has i'd love to know.. 


Her amazingness doesn't stop there, because she is putting up another bud!! 


Ferrari was trying to be sneaky by putting his leaves on first but looky what i found!!!  So the plants are doing well .. 'TinkerBell' is just growing her leaves long and tall and saying the heck with blooms this year i think.. 

Now for Kathy!!!! I went to an Estate Sale yesterday morning.. and someone there had this beautiful collection i just HAD to show our fellow partyer Kathy...over there at Hummingbird Studio at the Lake.. I sure hope she attends the party this week!

Look Kathy!!! InkWells!!!!  i just LOVED this one. I couldn't make myself spend the money but this is the one i would have wanted... 

The pictures are not the best. The place was crowded!  But  i hope Kathy will enjoy seeing them and everybody else too.. 
There were many more than what i took pictures of  but i had to move along... 

I thought this one was cute with the little bird too.. 
Estate Sales are sad but can be fascinating too.. to see what people collect and treasure.... It did occur to me that it was sad that no one in their family wanted that collection.. 



And last but not least i thought i'd show you how the coat rack is coming....



Hubby is getting all the cutouts done... Its very time consuming.. and now he is sanding .. and there is alot of grumbling...lol .. And finally there's my ticket to the Tparty...  Thats caffeine free Coke Zero.... which has become extremely difficult to find these days... I swear Walmart somehow gets a hold of my shopping list and decides to discontinue everything on it... grrrr... Happy T day everyone! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.. Kate i'd love to know if you received your bracelet.. I'll be around to visit! Hugs! deb 

 


18 comments:

  1. Oh wow Deb, we have been to allot of sales like this over the years but have never seen vintage ink wells like these. Larry did pick up a wooden tray I guess it's called, with two crystal ink wells with silver tops that I use and love-that was many many years ago now.. I am loving that blue and white one for $25.00-a little large but that large dish would work well for watercolor or ink painting.
    Loving your coat rack so far-allot of work Alvin did a good job with this-hugs. Happy T wishes-thanks for thinking of me Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how could I forget to mention-smiles-gorgeous blooms-Last year I bought a christmas amarylis bulb and it gave us 2 stalks of 4 blooms each-gorgeous-I dug it up out of the garden this summer so it wouldn't freeze and so far no blooms-perhaps this spring when I plant it back outdoors

      Delete
  2. The blooms are gorgeous! I know nothing about them except to admire them. :)
    Now the inkwells!!!! Expensive--but what a collection! I was fascinated. Loved the frogs carrying the snail and the bird one with the long pen holder attached were my favorites of what I could see. I've never been to an estate sale. I'm sure you never know what you will run across.
    Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ink wells are so pretty. Back in the day, they sure knew how to make functional things quite elegant. Just like your coat rack will be. Your amaryllis is beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen 5 blooms on one plant. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful flowers!
    And stylish ink wells, too. Yes, sad no one wanted these treasures from their families.
    But now that you mention. I left everything to my Brother. A Steinweg piano included, cause I don´t have the space. Sadly he let it rot away.

    Love how your hubby and you share that hobby - looking forward to see the finished rack!

    Oh, you still have a Walmart? They left Germany years ago. And yes. Good products leave the market. Same here.
    Anyways, happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like Kathy. I was drawn to the blue and white one, too. Mine is clear glass and sits in the inkwell in my library table. You certainty found some real gems. The prices are why I stopped going to estate sales. The prices are so high because the estate manager has to get his/her cut before anything else.

    I've never owned an amaryllis, so had NO idea this was rare. I DO know it is beautiful. So glad they are all three thriving.

    Your coat rack is already looking beautiful. I know it will be a genuinely gorgeous piece once it is finished and stained.

    Sorry you are having trouble getting your Coke. I am waiting for the day coffee goes so high I will have to choose between it and food. Wait. I would have to choose coffee, I guess because I am addicted to caffeine!

    Thanks for taking us to the estate sale, sharing your amaryllis, your coat rack update, and your Coke Zero with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the photos from Estate Sale. The items look beautiful and worth to own. I like to keep such items though space is an issue at home. Beautiful amaryllis too.
    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue and white ink well is my fave, I have a china one with pink roses, so pretty. The coat rack is coming along well! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you believe I still haven't received the bracelet? I checked the tracking but it only says in transit from TX and there is nothing posted after January 11th . I sure hope they didn't lose it. When I get it, I will send you an email.

    Those inkwells are so beautiful!! I would certainly keep at least one if they were in my family. Each one is fancy and has character.

    The coat rack is looking awesome, and your hubby has a lot of patience. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate


    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are gorgeous! Those inkwells are interesting -so many different designs. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers. Great looking antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The collection of inkwells is very interesting. Makes me wonder what the original owner did with them, other than display them. Maybe they wrote a lot, maybe they had beautiful handwriting, maybe.... it is just fun to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all th Arabian Nights blooms, so amazing to have four flowers. Oh , how wonderful to find all those ink wells! Thanks for sharing them with us and I'm sure Kathy will love them 😊. Your hubby is making great progress on the tree coat rack, it will look wonderful when completed. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The coat rack is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean about them getting your list and discontinuing what you like. Happens to us all the time. And, if there is a show on tv we like, it promptly gets cancelled! Oh, well! Fun that you found inkwells at the estate sale for Kathy. :) Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. the (ear)ring was already here.
    Next time I´ll remember to re-link!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The inkwell collection is cool. The coat rack is coming along nicely. So sorry, RL got in the way, and I am terribly late. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I haven't had much luck with Amiryillis- yours look amazing. The inkwells are fascinating . Belated Happy T, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete