Monday, February 6, 2023

T stands for ..... I missed you too!

 

.............. i missed all you T partiers last week!!! I just seem to be playing catch up lately... not really busy , busy but busy...lol!   Above is an entry of mine into the stock show... its colored pencil and penwork.. I LOVE it and even if it doesn't win anything ( A little too whimsical and illustrative for the judges )i'm tickled that alot of people will get to see it..  Wish i could be a little mouse in the corner or fly on the wall to hear any comments..

I came across this dish in the Dollar Tree.... LOVE!


We had a pretty good freeze last week... I think our low was 23 F... I know i know.. thats nothing compared to what others have seen but to stay below freezing for 3 days was not pleasant.. faucets dripping and flushing toilets every so often to keep pipes from freezing... At least we didn't get down to 10 F like our last freeze back in December.. 


Here's a continuation of the story from my last post.. Remember the inkwells?  That i wouldn't spend the money on?  Well that was at an Estate Sale.. What happens to all the things that don't sell in an Estate Sale? Well on this occasion , someone who does perpetual yard sales (thankgoodness i don't have 'that' neighbor).. bought it all up and hubby and i came across that yard sale the other day.. Thats never happened to me before.. They were  from the Ukraine maybe and had the most wonderful accents.. Anyway there were those inkwells.. nearly every one.. for waaaay cheaper.. 

Ofcourse the one with the frogs and snail shell i fell in love with was not there but i did bring this little one home.. i only paid $3!  Would have been at least $15 at the Estate Sale.. Now, my question goes out to Kathy at the Lake  or maybe CJ.. After i pour the ink in there won't it dry up quickly? Is there a cap or something missing on it? If so i wonder if i can get one. Anyway.. thought you might know... 


Quick update on the CoatRack... I have a little more sanding and then staining to do but i wanted to show you how its coming along.. Found the trim at Lowe's.. 


And last but not least .. i came across this mug in the Tuesday Morning store. It was even prettier in person.. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.. i hope you've had a good week.. I'll be around to visit!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb
 

16 comments:

  1. Good morning Deb, I have two vintage crystal ink wells with a top similar to yours except mine may be silver- Mine does not hold allot of ink so it's fine for a week or two and doesn't dry out. perhaps a piece of plastic wrap on top and then flip the lid back on top. will see what CJ suggests. or if you are using the ink allot just add ink as you need it and can use most of it up
    Love your painting that you entered into the show-pretty colors.
    Your coat rack is looking good-love those dragonflies.
    Pretty mug you found too-I miss that store always great finds there-we no longer live near any shopping like that. Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty little inkwell!! Too bad the frog and snail one wasn't there but this one is charming.
    Love your painting. Not expecting to see icicles your way! The coat rack is going to be fantastic. Cute, cute mug. Did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This inkwell is great and I like its look. And the price is great too! The dish is a great finding at Dollar Tree. The colour is lovely.
    Thanks for the update of your CoatRack. It looks like a great project!
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is so much fun. I get why you must be excited to have people see it. You never know where that can lead. And you have some other fun things in today's post. That inkwell is beautiful. I can image back to the days when people had these on their writing desks. That's something that has disappeared except for people like CJ who still use a quill pen and ink to write. And your coat rack is looking great. Nice find for the plate and for that mug. It looks like spring! Have a great T day and week ahead Deb. hugs-Erika ps- I am loving the new bee header too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your whimsical painting. Unless you know exactly what the judges are looking for, you can't give up hope they will find it as charming as I do.

    That is a beautiful inkwell. I have one that fits in my library table, but I have never tried to fill it with ink. Probably wouldn't know how to fill it! I'm sure CJ will guide you in the right direction.

    Your coat rack is going to be beautiful. It is a bit thicker than I originally envisioned it in the past.

    I like the design on that plate and really love what looks like a pearlescent sheen on that lovely mug. Thanks for sharing your new inkwell, your whimsical drawing/coloring, your awesome coat rack, and the plate and mug for T this week, dear Deb.

    I have left comments to you and Val and I get "Failed to Publish" at both blogs. I'm giving up and headed to eat something. Maybe when I return Blogger will be kinder to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful story and awesome photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very cute work!!!!
    Mesmerizing plate in one of my fav colors :-)
    Oh, I can´t wait for Spring - freezing here, too.
    Beautiful inkwells, nice you got one and the CoatRack gets like really wonderful - clever mug, too, happy T-Day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Deb, you have been sso busy! Love the coat rack, and the lovely, bargain inkwell. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty ink well. I like that one. My husband doesn't have any trouble with the ink drying out in small ink wells like yours if the top fits snugly. So exciting to come across yard sale items like that. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck in your show Deb, love the colour of that plate and yes it's still really cold here too, I'm so over it lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mermaid painting is adorable. Your inkwell is very pretty. When I work with ink, I never work directly for the bottle, but always decant a small portion (by the dropper if the ink bottle has one or a pipette) into another small container. I would suggest you do this if you are going to use the ink well. Use a dropper or pipette and fill the inkwell with a small amount. About 1/2 tsp. You only need enough ink to fill the "eye" of a pointed nib or the reservoir of a broad-edge nib. The reason I never work directly from the ink bottle or a larger container, if it spills it's a lot of ink to clean up. Ask me how I know? Also, using a larger container, there's a tendency to over-dip, over-fill the nib and most of that ink will just roll off the nib and puddle on your paper. If a small amount dries out in the little container, no biggie. So what I would do to use that beautiful ink well, I'd try to find a small container with a screw on lid that would fit inside the ink well. The lid will keep your ink from drying out for a couple of weeks. I use Dinky Dip. John Neal sells them in a package of 8.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the dinky dip set up is a block of wood with 4 of the dinky dip cups. Small Dinky Dip

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great find! That inkwell is lovely! But I am way more impressed with the coatrack. What a stunning piece of art!!! The trim really brings out the tree. And your whimsical piece is fabulous! I love the doodling, especially the mermaid tails.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a great post! I love your whimsical piece. We've seen it evolve over time and now it is finished and it is stunning! I'm sure it will get noticed, even though it might not be rated by the judges. Well done you!
    I also love your coat rack. Again we saw the beginnings of it and now it is nearly 'fully grown'. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. You are so creative!
    I love your story of the inkwell. You have a bargain there although you didn't get the one you initially wanted, this one was obviously meant to be. And it is sooo pretty.
    The plate is beautiful. Very southern european. We have plates like this here.
    Your mug is 'smile-worthy'. Nice to wake up to something like that.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your painting is absolutely charming. You had some luck with your ink well - it's beautiful! Your coat rack is looking great. Lovely mug, just realised I'm still using my Christmas mug! Belated Happy T Day, hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I for one love your art work and it should win. I keep saying you should be illustrating children's books and I will continue to say it. Glad to hear you found an inkwell that was such a bargain. I love it when that happens! Your coat rack is incredible. You and your hubby are a great pair.

    ReplyDelete