Monday, February 27, 2023

T stands for Photo Heavy Post....

AAAaaahhh T partiers... I try to avoid loooonng posts as i know we have a lot of visits to make but i hope you'll bear with me this time... I posted the above Mermaid picture 2 weeks ago and alot of comments mentioned it as a painting and i wanted you know that it is colored pencils smoothed over with Gamsol.  It is an alternative to turpentine and smooths the pencils until it looks almost like paint. Thank you for all your lovely compliments 😄


Ya' all know where the Koi painting started...... and you've seen it along the way... 


Now it is totally complete and in its frame and ready for its debut in the Stock Show.. Yep, i wood burned the frame and stained it different colors.. What do you think? 


Hubs has not been sitting on his laurels... I simply ADORE those cute little feet he put on his book shelf..  I can't wait to see it finished! My hubby who never read a book before heart surgery 3 years ago has read nearly 100 books and building his own book shelf.... mind blown! 


 My golf game is coming along great! I' am definitely not a star pupil but i'am improving all the time.. i think i drive hubby a little crazy because my full attention is not on golf the whole time.. I'm taking pictures of this and that.. ' Look at that cool tree! ' 'Oh my gosh look at all the yellow butterflies on the green!'... um.. yeah.. this last time  was ' Look at the moss! Look how GREEN  it is! ' OK people i live in west TX.. green is not a color i see often around here!! 


It was the most amazing thing...  A water tank had a leak all the way around on a seam and it  must have been the perfect environment!  I could have spent an hour going around and around that tank taking pictures.. 


Instead i took a couple and went and hit my ball.. lol 


Since we last talked hubby and i took a trip to Fredericksburg, TX... You know our favorite little tourist trap.... lol  .. So you KNOW i stopped to get a little 'cup of heaven' for the road trip!  That would be.. 'Venti Skinny Carmel Macchiato upside down with  a little bit of whip'... My daughter taught me that phrase many moons ago and its still the only thing i order at Starbucks. YUM! 

We go through several small towns to get to Fredericksburg.  To me the courthouses are just beautiful in these small towns. Above is the one in Brady, TX...
                  And this one is Llano , TX....


          This guy was HUGE and just amazing!

This is one of the amazing things i saw at Trade Days in Fredericksburg.. Such a cute little stove. We came home with a cast iron shelf i plan to use for plants... I forgot to take a photo of it though.. next week! I think its going to clean up so cool!  Thank you so much for coming along. I have a few more pics of the trip but i'll save that for next week.. 

If you made it this far.....   I'll tell you a little secret.. then it will be a secret no more...  i entered an essay contest !!!!  On a whim... 750 words... 2-3 pages double spaced.. The theme?   " I write when i feel?" ... I barely squeaked out the 750 words but i did it!  I have to be present to win and thats 10:30am Saturday.. Cross your fingers for me..  

I'll be around to visit everyone!! Hugs! deb
 
  
 

19 comments:

  1. Your koi painting and frame are awesome. As is Hubs' bookcase. You guys are so talented. My heart went pitty-pat when I saw the gargoyle. 😻 He needs to go into the CJ's house relocation program. He would look magnificent in the Zensical Garden. Congrats for entering the essay contest 🤞🏼Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, You have been busy-that's a good thing.
    Love seeing your piece framed up, that's quite a book shelf your hubs is making-good for him enjoying reading books-I never had time to read before retirement.
    I love old courthouses too-Missouri in my area has allot of them. The county we live in now has a very very old one-I love it and they have not modernized it much.
    good luck with the writing contest.
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That koi painting looks great in that frame. I like the details you added to it. Good luck in the stock show. And I haven't heard of gamsol before, so I am going to go look it up. Moss is great, isn't it? I'd be the same way if I played golf because I do the same thing when I do everything else-smile. And your husband looks like a talented woodworker. My husband started listening to audio books and now he is addicted, and he was the same way. he never read a book. Life is full of surprises, isn't it? Have a super T day Deb. And week ahead too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got gamsol, but I also have turpenoid and for all intents and purposes, they seem to be the same. Still, I love that drawing. The pencils sure blended well.

    Your koi painting is magnificent in your lovely frame. You did a great job. Good luck at the stock show. And your husband's new bookcase is out of this world.

    I love the moss and the various colors around that water tank. Beautiful photos while playing golf.

    I remember when I lived in MO, they had a ton of great old court houses. A few here in KS, too.

    I wish I could afford Starbucks, but for the price I pay for a yummy and delightful Starbucks drink, I can almost buy a pound of coffee.

    Thanks for sharing your art, your trip, the moss, and your drink with us for T this week, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, you have so many talents! Wood burning and painting. Now a writer. It is true that creatives usually have SO many interest at one time. I wish you well in the essay contest. And thanks for sharing about the Gamsol. I really want to try colored pencils some more.
    Loving that book shelf that you husband made. The feet are adorable!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand the photo taking delays. Joe just hangs his head and leans against something because he knows there is no rushing me! I just have to get the right angle, the right light, the right...you know! And I only use a point and shoot camera, imagine if I had one with different lenses! Love your art work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pencil are is amazing; and so is your frame. You are quite talented! wonderful photos, Deb. Good luck with the essay. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gamsol and colored pencils is something I haven't tried. Wow! It is so smooth I thought it was painted. Your Koi painting and frame are wonderful! Hubby's bookcase looks quite beautiful.
    I would miss seeing green, too! All white up here right now but we know there is green underneath--lol!
    How can a coffee be upside down?
    Those courthouses are magnificent actually. Wow!
    You'll have to let us know on the essay contest. You are talented in so many ways! I can hardly wait to see the shelf you bought and what you do to transform it. Have a fantastic week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on entering to this essay contest! Fingers crossed!
    The photos of building and statues are beautiful. I like such findings when I travel around. Beautiful moss too.
    Thanks for this post and Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thank you, deb, I will look for Gamsol!
    The Kois came out wonderful, also with the frame (sad we cannot see the person holding it!)
    Hope Ingo will read books just like that without giving me a hard , scary time... But you are right, he only read when being in hospital.
    Can I come along golfing like that? ;-)
    Ingo always walks on, if he slows down, when I take pics, pics, pics.
    I once went into Starbucks here. Saw the prices and went out. The shop has closed. I think they were extra-expensive as sitting in the heart of the city...
    Fingers and toes crossed for your essay - hugs and have a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun you wrote an essay and I hope you win!!! Fabulous thing - I love to write so I would have written one with you if I lived near and we could be present together. Your koi painting is fabulous and the frame makes it even better - WOW! Loving the mermaids and all your other pictures too. I lived in NM so I know how exciting a bit of green can be. When I moved to Alabama, I remember driving around being amazed at all the water, rivers, streams, ponds - it was everywhere and everything was green. Sometimes it still grabs me 35 years later.

    I have missed your posts but will try to catch up a bit soon. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your koi piece! That first courthouse looks like a castle. Cool! I'm impressed about the contest. Good luck!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, I forgot to wish you luck on the writing essay. Second, you said you would join the swap in country, but you didn't tell me which swap. Just click through to Sharon's blog. It isn't dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love long photo heavy posts and so I loved yours.
    Your koi painting is amazing. O f course I have followed it from conception and it is a work of art. What you have done with the frame is so special.
    I am not a fan of Starbucks. A coffee is 5x the price of a coffee here and they are so impossibly sweet. You will have to explain what a Venti Skinny Carmel Macchiato upside down with a little bit of whip' is. Skinny probably refers to skimmed milk, a macchiato would be coffee with very little milk and whip is probably whipped cream. The caramel is flavouring, that leaves the Venti and the upside down bit.
    I loved seeing the court houses in Texas. As for the moss, I totally get it. I am the same with lichen. That fascinates me. I was once on a geology field trip and I discovered lichen. I had no eyes for anything else, let alone the subject of the field trip. Luckily my tutor understood and even helped me find more info on the lichen.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your koi painting, it looks great framed up. I love that your DH is now reading and even made himself a bookcase - so what's his fav genre? Loving the gargoyle too, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oops nearly forgot, good luck with your essay and your coffee looks good Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the frame of the koi painting, you did a great job with it. It fits the painting so well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Deb, this is a great post. You are so talented and I do enjoy seeing your art. So many wonderful photos. Glad you are liking and improving on your golf. Good luck on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made me smile about hubby reading so many books, my hubby started reading again during lockdown and at last our shelves are clearing. Your art is wonderful - I love the koi painting. The courthouses are fascinating. Good luck with the essay, belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete