Monday, March 20, 2023

T stands for.... Stock Show Entries....

 

Its that time of year again! Time for the Stock Show Creative Arts Entries! Most of these you've seen before, i just thought i'd show you what i'm entering. I have to turn everything in Friday!  Above is going in the WoodWorking Division . I'm not sure it will do well there.. After all not much woodworking on this one but they don't have a mosaic tile division.. lol  I could put it in the Eclectic Division but for two years in a row there's a lady that does 'Diamond Painting' art kits and blows everyone out of the water.. I don't quite understand a kit allowed in an art competition... but hey i'll try to work around it.. 
           Above is my Colored Pencil entry...

My Acrylic Painting entry... I thought you might like to see where i put it on the wall... Take note of my Tparty Ticket!!! 😁

The Snowmen Candle Holder is going in the Christmas Division.. 

Remember this one?  Its going in the Flower Division... 
Its a little odd.. They may or may not appreciate that... Cross your fingers.. 
And even my Bee Book found a Division.. The only thing they had close to it was the Scrapbooking Division.. which had only one entry last year.. I texted the head of that division and asked if i could enter a page in an Altered Book and she said YES! So here's my double page spread.. 
I stuck a little note in there marking the page and asking them to pull out the tabs for judging and display.. not sure it will happen though.. 
Some of you may know this painting... Hubby made a frame for me .... 
I stained it then decided it looked awful plain.. So i painted on it too.. 
And finally we are down to the dragons!  A silver/blue one with his little bauble.. I worry the blue on him might have been a mistake.. but its blue and glittery and i like it so we'll see.. He is entered in the Drybrush Ceramic Division.. 
And last but not least is 'Chopper'... or at least that was the name on his mold.. I really like how he turned out.... Drybrush Division also.. Well thats it !   Whew... Cross your fingers! Maybe i can grab a ribbon or two this year too.   Happy happy T day! I'll be around to visit!!! Hugs! deb

18 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your contest entries!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, always enjoy seeing all of your different art pieces-good luck in the show-I think you will win with your journal entry especially
    Happy T and Springs hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been a creative wonder woman my friend. I like everything and feel sure there is a Blue Ribbon in there somewhere. What a great show it is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your art! To include the frame is like really well done.
    Wow, too, on the blue dragon, oh, he is cute.

    I am very sure you´ll get ribbons! Other people are blind! Happy T-Day (if I had space I would ask if you sell your art as well).
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness! You most certainly should win some ribbons!! Love your artwork, Deb! Such variety, too. Can hardly wait to hear all about the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I am so impressed. You are sure to rock that show. I am in love with that flower but everything is totally fabulous. And I see you and I are trading ATCs - I better start thinking of something super cool! Happy T-day and Happy Spring and positive thoughts on all your entries in the show! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you don't get ribbons the show is rigged! Your art is wonderful, all of it, wow! I am really very impressed. BIG hugs, good luck, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your entries are fabulous! I especially love the blue dragon. I hope you sweep the competition in all divisions. Good luck! 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything, except the face in the flower, but I am hoping some judge will appreciate your sense of humor. I am sure you will win at least something because you have such a great and eclectic mix. I am totally impressed, especially the altered book. Thanks for sharing your coffee and your incredible entries with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your entries :)

    I agree about the kits. When our local fair started allowing Lego constructions made according to the instructions on packaged boxes my kids rolled their eyes. Some of those projects won awards, and I think the judges didn't realize anybody could buy that same box at the store and make an identical project. Ignorance, I think, explains so much...

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dragons are fantastic! Good luck with the show.
    To answer your question: Yes, I have witnessed sneaker waves often, we have them so many times at our beaches. I always stay away from them, but a few times I underestimated their reach and had to run, even though I already was pretty high up the beach. This is why they're so dangerous. There are warning signs everywhere along the coast, but people don't seem to read them or think it can't be that bad. We have fatalities every year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your entries should pretty much all get ribbons. Excellent, creative work. I agree about a kit being entered into an art show - shouldn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you are an amazing artist! So many varied artforms! If I was judge I am sure you would win in most of them. I love it all! Happy t day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, I saw where you said you emailed me but guessing that is my pretend email. Can you email me again at work and I will send you my personal email - nancy.williams and then add @rheem.com. Thanks! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh. Deb all of these are so amazing. You are so talented. BTW you house looks lovely too. I know you will do well with all of your beautiful art. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I was on the judging panels for any of these categories I would be voting for your entries! Your art is amazing! Good Luck! Belated Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just..wow!
    Hi, via Weave's blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Re deep beds....put down cardboard...and just go for it!!

    ReplyDelete