Monday, June 26, 2023

T stands for Missing in Action....

 

I have been missing in action for most of the Month of June for the T party... I'll blame it on the obscene HOT temperatures.... that have me just a little down i think... very welcomed but unexpected visitors for a week .... and just a general malaise... I also turned 56... officially closer to 60 than 50... i KNOW its just a number... but still.... anyway...So i'm trying to drag myself out of the doldrums...  Remember the above mug  i showed you awhile ago??  Well i took that picture in the store 'Tuesday Morning'. I didn't buy it at the time. Then the other day i go by that store and it is Going Out of Business ... so i go inside to check out the deals and there it was sitting on a practically empty shelf . So it came home with me... 


We've been having very ferocious storms lately.. nearly every afternoon... I took the above photo just before 70 mph winds and hail were expected because i was sure they would be gone.. But i'm happy to report they are still there , standing taller than i'am blooming their heads off... I know its just a weed and not as beautiful as the cultivated varieties but they never fail to make me smile in this harsh environment... My Tparty Anniversary Swap has been sent and i've received mine from Nancy. I'm so looking forward to sharing.. I know Ms Elizabeth is under the weather. I hope she is up to hosting and visiting for T... I'll be around to visit.. Hugs! deb 


18 comments:

  1. Nice deal on the mug! Stores going out of business are worrying in some ways, but it's good when it means there are bargains. I just heard of a new apartment kitchen whose equipment was topped off by the going-out-of-business sale at Bed Bath & Beyond.
    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love this mug. So glad your sunflowers made it through the storm. It has been so clod here that my sunflowers are only about 4 feet tall and now flowers yet. Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that mug was waiting for you-hugs love the sunflowers I haven't gotten any planted again this year-
    56 is not so bad at all I would love to time travel back to my 50's-I had allot more energy back then-- it's when I hit 70 a few years ago-a wake up call-that I realized that I am officially a senior now haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthdays do not bother me- the more I have, the longer I've lived. My 76th is coming up soon. However, I can understand why they do have an affect on others. Hang in there. This malaise is just a bump in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mug must have had your name on it Deb. I'm glad you were able to get it. And stay positive, not always easy especially with your weather. I've been seeing it on the news. We've had so much rain here and so little sun. But it has to get better, right? Have a super T day and glad your sunflowers made it. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy T day! Perfect for a new mug

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mug is beautiful, and it shares the most wanted message every day. Beautiful sunflowers too.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Love the mug and so glad you got it on sale too. Wise words on it. The flowers are wonderful no matter the variety and glad they survived the storms. We have had a lot of them here - at least they cool down the temps and keep the green things growing.

    So glad to see you at T-day today. Hoping this week is fabulous for you. I got your goodies in the mail Saturday and love them! Giant Hugz to you Deb, and happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got your mug at last! The flowers are beautiful, I don't care if they are wild or cultivated. 56 is not old, I'm going on for 77, that's worse! Hugs, Valerie
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! 🎂💐🎈🥂56. You're still a baby. 😉I'm way on the other side of 60 and I can tell you it gets better. Enjoy your new mug. It looks like it was meant just for you, and it matches your kitchen, too. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to plant the sunflower seeds you sent. I hope you get some relief from the heat and storms. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm late visiting. Your mug really reflects how you need to stay. I'm so glad you got that mug. And I absolutely adore the sunflowers. I planted some you sent, but they don't seem to have taken off, even though I planted them in full sun. Maybe I should plant the rest of them in the front yard, which gets very little sunlight.

    Happy belated birthday. Age is just a number and you should tell people yours is unlisted (grin). What can we do to get you out of your doldrums? We want everyone happy when it comes to T Tuesday, dear Deb. Thanks for sharing this beautiful mug that was also on sale, and your fabulous sunflowers with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No! Not weeds to me! :)
    That mug was meant to be.
    Happy birthday! 56 sounds so young to me now, but I do remember thinking how old I was getting when I was heading to 60. I am delighted to be 72, all things considered. ;)
    Have fun with the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday, Deb. By the time I got to Tuesday Morning, it was closed already. Since the pandemic they haven't had anything crafty anyway.
    When I went in and would say something about where is their craft section they kept saying they weren't going out of business, but they did. Happy T day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your mug and the sunflowers, sad when shops go out of business, so many empty shops here. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Birthdays and Visitors should always be enjopyed (Happy birthday!) and I too love those flowers, irrelevant if they are weekds or not! TforTuesday

    ReplyDelete