Sunday, November 12, 2023

I've Been Missing in Action...

 

I thought i would get myself together and come for T....I've been missing everyone.. First my phone went on the fritz or all the pics in my phone i could not transfer... by the time i got it figured out i had gotten out of the habit of T... and i found it difficult to get myself motivated to make a post... But i picked myself up by the bootstraps and here i'am.. And i know i'll be glad i did..  I found a cement pumpkin at a Yard Sale for $5 and gave him a good paint job.. this is just the gesso first coat.... He had a crack down the middle.. we put on some glue and a prayer and maybe he'll have a few more Halloweens in him...lol 

We had a fantastic Halloween... Well over 50 kids knocked on our door... last 2 years we had 1... So you know i was over the moon!  That tree is a new addition to our Halloween decor... He was the display model at Lowe's. We scored with 75% off! The crow moves his wings and 'caws'... really cool.. It now resides in my craftroom as it was just too cool to put in a box for a year...lol 


This craft project is keeping busy... Years ago we bought a slinky because of a YouTube video we saw about using it to keep squirrels out of our bird feeders... Never got around to that so i'm using it to make a mobile..  I'll show you when i'm all done! 


Veterans Day we spent the day out and about... We had a free breakfast at IHOP... then spent the day at Yard,Garage and Estate Sales... My Keurig went on the fritz just recently and at a Sale we found this one for $5... We thought it worth the chance... So brought it  home, cleaned it up, descaled it etc... and it works like a champ... SCORE! 


I collect these candle holders.... I have trees and wreaths... they are made out of cast iron.. Its been a long time since i've found one.... 


I was so happy to find this one at Goodwill for $2... 


I also found these at Goodwill... They are supposed to be coasters... but i'm seeing ornaments for me tree... with just a few little magic touches from me...lol We ended the day with a free meal at Chili's  Yum... 


With Veterans Day just past and the fact i have had cause to dig through some pictures i thought i would show you some pictures of my Hubby... Above he was fresh out of Basic Training... Look how young he was!!! 


And here's my Honey around 30 about the time we got married.. 

And i came across these last two photos... Above is ME at 3 years old...lol 



And my daughter at 3 years old... So fun to look back... I hope all of you have been doing well while i've been gone.. I'm looking forward to visiting everyone and catching up!!! Happy T day ! Hugs! deb



16 comments:

  1. Good evening, enjoyed your catch up post-that must be fun to have trick or treaters at your door. My whole life, even as a child-I have never lived where there are trick or treaters that come to the door. I remember my father loved Halloween so much that a few years he would take us to his neighborhoods where we would get a huge candy stash haha. I have a halloween witch that is cast iron and holds a candle in the back.
    Happy new week hugs from the lake

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have that many or more when I was a kid growing up in the 50s. Haven't heard of that big of a crowd lately--wow!
    Love your finds.
    You and your daughter look so much alike!
    I hope you are feeling lots better, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you had a ton of kids for Halloween. You had the best Halloween decorations. I love the tree and the cawing crow. Cool finds at the yard and thrift stores. Looking forward to seeing the ornaments you make out of the coasters. Handsome hubby. You and your daughter could be twins! Enjoy your coffee from the spruced up Keurig machine. That was a great find, too! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front door and entranceway looks amazing. I love the tree. And thanks for reminding me I need a slinky for my bird feeder and I need to get it up before it snows. People swear that it really works. And you found some super bargains too. And yes, as you know, your daughter and you look like the same person at 3. My daughter and me also. Glad to see you back for T. Have a great one. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having the patience to go through thrift stores and find treasures is really impressive.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you back! :-)
    I LOVE your Halloween-tree and sure would keep this up all year long, too - very cool!
    And your door looks beautiful.
    Yes, you clearly were the cute winner in passing on your genes!
    My Brother was, too. Both daughters look like him (well, or me).
    Great you´re back, happy T-Day, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back and it's great to have you. I'm glad you sorted out the phone situation. Sounds like you had a fantastic Halloween!
    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thrilled to see you had joined us again for T. I have really missed you.

    That new pumpkin will be a welcome addition to your already amazing front entrance. No wonder you had so many visitors.

    You scored on lots of bargains, especially the coffee maker. I look forward to seeing what you do with the coasters, too.

    You and your daughter could be twins. You look so much alike. Thanks for sharing your Halloween front porch, your bargains, and your coffee maker with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb. Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loely to see ou around again, Deb. Congrats on your good buys, they are all wonderful. Your Haloween decorATIONS ARE GREAT! You and your daughter are so alike, wow! Hope to see you again next week! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your entryway decorations. Fun!

    I look forward to seeing your completed slinky mobile. It sounds like a fun project. I have one of those candle holders shaped like a tree. My husband gave it to me for Christmas one year. Sweet :) I think those coasters will make great tree decorations.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the family photos! You and your daughter look so much a like.
    Your re-purpose projects are always so well done. looking forward to seeing the slinky thingy.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and your daughter as little children are real cuties!
    This year we didn't have that many trick-or-treaters coming to our door. Last year we had so many, but this year was really quiet. We never buy candy for them but just give out the granola bars we eat as well, so we didn't have to deal with leftover candy. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb, welcome back! Wow that's amazing to get 50 kids at the door for Halloween. I love your tree, that's fantastic. You and your daughter look very alike at that age. Happy T Day! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Sometimes it is hard to get motivated to make a post - I know that first hand. Love your pumpkin and I'm sure your magic touch will work wonders. I really, really love that tree and raven! You get the best deals. We only had about 25 kids this year. We used to get over 100 but we live on a busy street so I think the parents are taking the kids to the surveys. Oh well, the few that came were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks as though you are real bargain hunters! We don't get any visitors at Halloween now we are in an apartment. Where we lived before all of the local children used to come. Your daughter looks so much like you - do you still look the same? Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back!
    Your great Halloween display must have attracted your trick-or-treaters.
    You got some really good bargains, not least the Keurig. Well done.
    Wow, your daughter and you look so much alike at the same age!
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete