Monday, December 18, 2023

T stands for... the week before Christmas....

 

Brrrrr......  the nights have been chilly here but the days beautiful.... I have decided to start walking again.... in the middle of Winter... um yeah... And i walk at Dawn.. because... i know me... the longer the day wears on and i get involved in things the less likely i'am to go... so i set my alarm... drag myself out of bed.. have a cup of coffee... dress in layers grab my Ipod and out the door i go.. 2 miles right now.. every other day... This morning i saw pink contrails from airplanes as the sun came up.. really pretty... ice on rooftops... ever notice how Christmas decorations look a little sad in the daylight? 


My very inexperienced hand has been crocheting my Granddaughter (5) her very own afghan in her favorite color... Thank goodness at 5 she will no doubt forgive her Grandmothers bobbles in putting this together... I'm using the 'learn as you go method'... lol ... I had the brilliant or not so brilliant idea of putting glow in the dark beads on it... I wasn't sure i could figure out how to make that work but so far so good... 


I've been embellishing two cute little dolls i found for the Granddaughters stockings... One loves pink and the other purple... My sewing skills are not up to par either... but its been fun and when they are so little alot is forgiven... 

And finally .... i started a recycled project last year and finally finished it yesterday... The squares are plastic packaging material that came in something we bought and i thought ' i can so something with that'..! That happens way too often... and why my craftroom looks like a hoarder's den... I painted the visible portions gold (so nice they make paint that sticks to plastic now) and two sides i covered scrapbooking paper.. I then painted wooden letters and glued them on..

The opposite side has Peace and Joy... I bought the little pedestals at Hobby Lobby.. stained them and glued them on


The little gold buttons were a thriftstore find... they are not all the same but they are all gold.. The plastic squares had 4 holes on top that i want to fill with something and thats the finishing touch i put on this year... 


Having the Granddaughters for Christmas this year i had to find places up high to put things from curious little fingers... Wishing everyone a lovely 'run up ' week to Christmas...and Christmas Day...  I still have wrapping to do... I've procrastinated about as long as i dare... And ofcourse .. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

16 comments:

  1. Dear Deb, I have to give you several compliments: Firstly, that you are already walking at dawn, that is remarkable. Secondly, your crochet project for the granddaughter looks great, as do your two dolls - I think the children will like them, and not just because they are still small. The grandchildren will like them because they are beautiful. And your recycling idea is great - looks good and is totally environmentally friendly! Perfect!
    To be on the safe side, I wish you a wonderful Christmas ⛄πŸŽ„πŸ•―️ and a happy new year πŸ„πŸ€, because things are a bit busy for us and I don't know how often I'll get to write posts and do blog rounds!
    All the best and have a good time!
    Traude
    ☕πŸ§ΈπŸ·πŸ•―️☃️πŸ•―️
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/weihnachtliche-lichter-klimts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The afghan and dolls are beautiful. I'm sure they will be treasured. The ornaments you made are fabulous though I'm more interested in the gargoyle I spotted at the back of the craft table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are all very beautiful. I'm such a non-crafty person that I'm always impressed at so much creativity.
    Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the little ones while they are still small.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting up so early every other morning to walk. I agree that Christmas decorations look a bit sad during the day, but the pink contrails sound amazing.

    Your crochet is far better than anything I could make, so you can definitely pat yourself on the back with this project. And those adorable dolls are so very cute.

    However, what impressed me the most was the lovely recycling project you shared. You are SO good at recycling and this project just impressed me more than you will know. Of course, Merry Christmas to you, too, dear Deb.

    You have your eye on us for T this week, dear. I love that mug you shared. Thanks for joining us for T this not quite Tuesday, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You come up with some clever decor items Deb. My art space looks like a hoarder's den too, but you definitely find fun ways to recycle. Your pedestal words look great. And those dolls are adorable. I bet your granddaughters will love them. And that blanket will be much loved I am sure. Kids don't look for mistakes, and I bet there isn't as many of you think. I find crocheting is strange to only use one needle. Have a super holiday and have fun with your granddaughters. And happy T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very impressed that you walk at dawn and they way you describe it sounds lovely, Deb. I bet you can witness some beautiful sunrises. The crocheted afghan look fabulous in my eyes, and I think using the beads makes the work extra hard. I don't know how to crochet, I'm a knitter, but I know how "annoying" that beadwork can get. Beautiful art project as well - it seems that everything you touch turns out beautifully. Merry Christmas and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very impressed with you walking in the morning! You are absolutely right, I would get wrapped up in other things and quite frankly, too comfortable to go out walking. Well done.
    What you are making for your granddaughters is lovely. I don't know what an Afghan is (It's a dog breed, or a coat with a fur edge that was fashionable in the 70s) but your work looks very good.
    The recycling project is awesome.! Those letters are such a good idea. And the dollies are so cute. Your granddaughters will be very pleased.
    Hugs and happy Christmas,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn is often the best time of day to walk...and I agree about the getting too busy to fit it in later...!!
    Your hands are keeping busy.. lovely work..and inspiration for the next generation but one to do something themselves xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been creative bussy. Your crocheting looks great and the dolls too. I do love your recycle Meryy Christmas blocks. Very nice indeed. Wish I could go walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb, what time is dawn for you? It's dark here till after 8am, I think the sunrise is 8.20am. I love the colour of your crocheted afghan, I love crochet. I am very casually crocheting something at the moment that has no deadline, just something to keep my hands busy as I sit in front of my stove watching netflix. It will eventually be a big granny square that may be a shawl or some kind of scarf thing, we'll see when the yarn runs out. I know that "I can do something with this" feeling very well and consequently I think I probably have a similar mess in my craft room haha Having said that, I love what you created with the Merry Christmas, that looks great - well done! Happy T Day! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stand in awe at your walking early in the cold. I wish I were motivated enough to walk in the cold any time of day lol What pretty dolls! and I love your decorations. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb, you have made so many wonderful things, and I love those dolls especially. And to go out walking in the cold, and in the early morning?! Kudos, you are a hero! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie
    Happy Chrstmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done for getting up so early and walking. I love the presents you are making for your Granddaughters. Your Christmas decoration project is superb! Love the 'all eyes' mug! Happy T Day,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on getting out walking. I'm not an early bird so I have to make myself exercise during the day. Love your decorations and the gifts for the granddaughters....those dolls are adoreable.

    ReplyDelete