Monday, July 29, 2024

Busy.....

 

Trying to channel a Fall vibe here.... I'm so ready for Fall. Here in TX anyway its been a long Hot Summer already.  And coincidently I've been having trouble sleeping.... you?  


I've even been trying my hand at making some Christmas cards... not sure how many i'll make though... This is a picture i took of my Christmas cactus bloom with the light behind it several years ago... I made 7 or 8 copies thinking it would make a good card.. I embossed a little snowflake in the corner to give it a more festive feel... Yeah so if you can't tell... i'm SO over Summer.. 


Grasshoppers are EVERYWHERE!  They are all over the Sunflowers but i haven't noticed much damage... so i don't know what they are eating... They have nibbled on a few choice Petunia blooms... 


I made some more cards by recycling a huge print still in the frame from a dumpster... It was so big!  I identified then cut out  little venues from the larger print and made 5x7 cards out of them... then embossed a little gold bee on each one.. I think they turned out great and i saved something from going to the dump... 

Life is still crazy busy..... or maybe its not ... and i'm just feeling overwhelmed.. whatever it is i just want it to slow down.. Take care and i'll be around to visit! Happy T day! Hugs! deb


12 comments:

  1. Oh Dear! I love summer and wouldn’t mind if it lasted indefinitely. However, our climate is a lot milder here, so I see why you don’t enjoy summer.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mae and you and about summer. I don't like the high heat, but when we get some better weather summer could go on for a long long time. I'd rather avoid our long snowy New Hampshire winters. But you don't have those, so I can see why you're over with summer. I would be too. But those grasshopper are pretty scary looking, and I don't even dislike insects. Grin. I hope you have a super T day Deb. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Deb. I am SO over summer and the hottest month is still ahead. My foodie friend Sally and I were saying today, as we braved the 106 F (40+ C) heat (because I needed cat litter at Sam's) how we are ready for autumn. I would even take spring.

    What a great close-up of the grasshoppers. I'm not fond of them, either. They love my herbs.

    Sleep? What is that? I have trouble in this heat even though my AC is working overtime.

    Those are some adorable cards. You added just the right amount of bling, too.

    Love your mug and love those cards you made. Thanks for sharing these with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send the temps over, I LOVE heat. You are making Christmas cards?
    Sleep... don´t start on that... but have a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind the long hot Summers as Winter lasts 10 months. Great idea to start Christmas cards. I always mean to start early but end up waiting until the last minute. I always keep boxed cards on hand just in case. Very cool recycling the large print. Those cards look lovely. Stay cool and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you-I am soooo over our summer too-July has been relentless with hot temps humidity and rain thrown in. this week is pretty wicked index's in the 100's. the cicadas came here very early summer I don't think they eat much just mate--or were those grasshoppers. that's a good idea making christmas cards now. I think this year I will send out only to my letter writing friends. hugs from a very hot and humid lake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer here in the UK has been very variable, we have sunny weather at the moment but we've had rain and cooler temperatures most of this year. I love all the seasons and fall is a lovely time of year 😊. Looks like you've been busy making some beautiful cards, the little gold bee is so pretty. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are lovely. I, too, take photos of my flowers from my garden, and ones from the bush, and turn them into cards. Nice cards from the dumpster diving too. The public is not allowed into the dumps here but anything people put out to the curb is fair game. I'm astonished and what people decide to discard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the unique Christmas card with the cactus bloom!
    And cutting up the bigger painting was a clever idea.
    The grasshoppers are kinda gross. Never were a favorite of mine even as a kid because they squirt yucky juice on you when you try to pick them up--lol! Never have seen that many of them at the same time.
    I hope it cools off for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debra, extreme heat also always makes me feel overwhelmed. However, we have air conditioning in our bedroom (the only room) for a few years now. I just couldn't stand the summer insomnia any longer - now the room is my refuge and emergency retreat.
    I couldn't make any Christmas cards at the moment. But your Christmas cactus is a great motif! The grasshoppers look more like they are having a lot of fun together ;-)
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/07/ruckschau-auf-den-rest-vom-mai-2024-und.html

    ReplyDelete