Sunday, February 27, 2022

A Page in the Bee Book.....

                               

Blogger is not cooperating.... It loaded my pictures backward...sigh... I've just finished a two page spread... in the Bee book for those of you who know and those of you who don't.. Its an Altered Book i'm making ... my first Altered Book and the theme is 'bees'... So i wanted to show you from left to right but i guess we'll go from right to left...lol  
Now i like bright colors in this book and gold and glitter ... Problem is alot of that shine doesn't want to show up in pictures... Above i'm showing you that the one pinwheel will turn and show you the quote 'be happy'.. Every page in the book has some 'be' quote.. 
I just keep adding details and i may add more yet as the mood hits me... The colors are so dull looking... but i can't figure out how to brighten them... So just now in real life... these are BRIGHT!
If you look close you can start to see the little gold embossed bees i put all over the page... That was so much fun... I don't have alot of experience with embossing so it was a fun challenge for me.. I wish you could see them better.. Most of the other pages in the book have large bees on them this is the first one with the small bees.
There's washi tape and that tape you use when your doing sheetrock...  molding paste through a stencil.. The background is pages from a dictionary that i fingerpainted watered down acrylic paint over it so you could still see the text.. .. 
Magazine images .. images cut from old cards. I just had a blast ! The book pages are a couple of pages glued together with Matte Medium.. These little tags slide in and out . I took paper towel tubes and flattened them, cut to size and glued them between 2 pages of the book and it gave me little slots to slide the tags in and out.. really fun to figure out and do.. 
Have you ever made and Altered Book?  I've enjoyed this so much that its one of the crafts i plan on continuing as i get older.. I love to cut images out of magazines and such and glue them down and this is just such a great outlet for that... I hope you've enjoyed your Bee Book Tour.. If you don't remember the Bee Book tell me and i'll make a post showing you some of the other pages i've done...                                                                                                                        I've filled out all the info for the Stock Show and Rodeo.. Thank you to everyone who helped me decide what drawings to enter in an earlier post... I'll make a post showing you everything i've entered... then you can wait with me to see if i win anything.. lol I don't turn them in until March 27th and it will be April 1st or later before i find out anything... Thanks for stopping by! Hugs! deb

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, I really love what you have created here in your bee book-amazing. all the details are so wonderful-love it!! I would enjoy seeing your other bee pages too as I don't remember them now. Happy Sunday-and it's getting warmer -yeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your altered book pages are so fun. Happy colors. I like your idea for the interactive tags, too. Can't wait to see what you entered for the art show

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your B book. Very creative, as always. I've done several art journal pages but not a book - its on the wish list though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful work! I love the moving parts and colors - can´t wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete