Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Hi My Name is Deb and I'am a .......

 

....... Recipe Hoarder!!!!   Or... a recipe collector... you can decide by the end of the post...lol  ... Honestly i don't cook or bake all that much.... But i have a ton of recipes... 
And if you look close you can see what i tend to collect... 'Fix it and Forget it' meals... slow cooker meals... throw everything in and walk away... now thats my kind of cooking...lol
And MORE.....

Now the ones that actually make it to a recipe card... well those are my tried and true recipes... And i make them fairly often or at least around the Holidays... 
I do however LOVE to bake... but to watch our waistlines and health i don't do it too often.... This year 2022 I have set and intention to bake one bread and one dessert/candy per month... I have truly MISSED baking... Above are torn pages from a recently acquired Martha Stewart magazine... This girl is gonna bake! Even if i have to give it all away and only enjoy a little for ourselves... Hopefully it will make someone else happy and satisfy my need to bake.. I need to adopt a few families and provide dessert for them .... lol Now you may be wondering where am i getting these Martha Stewart magazine clippings.... well..... 

Somebody on Craig'sList was practically GIVING them away!!! I'am a huge Martha Stewart fan from back when she was hugely popular... I love her recipes and crafts and gardening... And now i like to use some of the photos in her magazines for collage... So win win.. .But you tell me... Hoarder or Collector... lol  Hope your having an awesome week... If you like food don't forget to check out Kathy's Food Wednesday!!! Hugs! deb











9 comments:

  1. Yes, hoarder, uhhh I mean collector is right. I would actually love to see these cook books in person. I too love to bake. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. APF is all purpose flour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Deb, I would say we are collectors-smiles. I love recipes too-I had years of cut out recipes sorted in boxes-mine and more that I had inherited from my Mom's collection so this winter I went through it all and cut it down by half.
    I used to have at least 400 cookbooks-I sold allot on my blog years ago and then before our move to the lake-I donated almost all of them to the library for their book sales. that was hard but I just didn't have the space any more. and I love to read cookbooks. I have the Outlander cookbooks that I enjoy reading through
    I wonder if there is some way to donate your baked goods to a food pantry, or sometimes churches feed lunches to seniors-don't know what the health laws would be. sounds crazy but maybe an ad in the paper free baked goods haha
    Thanks so much for joining in with Food Wednesdays.
    Oh and I think I figured out how to make your bee photo smaller-I had added the sunflower photo to the top of my blog and it had a spot to adjust the photo to size I think it said
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question. Hoarder or collector - close call on that one for me too. I have a ton of recipe books, recipes torn from magazines and downloaded from the Internet. Unfortunately, the older ones are meat recipes and I haven't eaten meat in almost 25 years - yet they still sit on the shelf! I like to bake as well but I'm not fond of anything too sweet - unlike hubby - so I tend to make fruit pies, lemon loaves, zucchini loaves, bran muffins - chocolate chips in his, walnuts in mine, and cookies for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect recipes, but I use Evernote to store them in. Evernote also has a web clipping app so if I find something I want to keep, I can clip it and add it to the recipe notebook. I have other notebooks for other things too. All the fun of hoarding without worrying about how to store all the stuff in the Dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I got rid of a lot of recipe books I had, too. Just kept a couple. Betty Crocker that Ma gave me at my bridal shower. A Minnesota Hotdish Cookbook, a gift from a friend.

      Delete
  6. I can relate Deb. I love recipes, even if I don't make them all. Just to read them and learn about them is habit forming. Nice find on those magazines. I know what you mean about baking and not trying to do it too often because of the waist line. Sometimes you just want to bake. Fun post Deb. happy March. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to bake and share :-) win-win.
    I have several cook books, too, but now just throw in what I have or feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right answer, you are a collector that hoards(just a pinch) I just wished I liked to bake or cook. I know you, and with a little bit of help you can adjust these recipes and make all the great foods you and Alvin love. Good luck

    ReplyDelete