Friday, March 25, 2022

8 Chances............

.......   to bring home a ribbon!!!! One.. colored pencil drawing.'You are my sun , my moon and all my stars... ' LOVE that... 

Second is a woodburned owl... with some blue colored pencil... He's my design.. and i'm ridiculously proud of him as he is my first attempt at something other than just burning a silhouette.. 
Third is going in the competition under 'Papercraft'.. Its a Vanilla Extract box that i decorated... You've heard of 'Find your tribe.'? Well this is 'Find your flock' lol.... 
The back.....
And fourth... Meet Hermie.... I poured him at the craft department on the Air base here...He's painted in greens and some copper and i made his eyes shiney while the rest is matte..

Side view! 
5th... is another drawing with colored pencil... My fav on here is the light pole... I see another drawing of the light pole in my future.. the vine and flowers came out really good... 
6th..... is a tree... A magnolia seed pod tree....Air dry clay is holding it in the pot... those are airdry clay little balls in the pot.. And the pot is on a wood block I painted the tree my favorite shade of green and put little glass beads in the holes.. I love it! And surprisingly my husband loves this one.. lol 
7th is a wreath.... These are cedar roses... I was taking a walk and suddenly roses were everywhere.. all over the ground! So i came back with a bag and picked them all up.. thinking i would do 'something ' with them!  I had some leftover moss from another project... It was serendipity!  

And finally another craft i'm ridiculously proud of... My embellished snake... He's about 32" long... just under the max length of what i can enter in the show.. Found him at an Estate Sale... He's made of wood and painted peach... But i took him home for $4 ...
Flattened out some airdry clay.. You know those covers that go on fluorescent lights? Well they have texture and i had a piece of one and used that to put texture in the clay.. wrapped it around the snake.. painted it black then added all the embellishments.. If you look you'll spot the little flowers that come off of hummingbird feeders!  There's gems and gears and arrows.. keys...

I dusted him off real good.. I may do a little more tonight before i have to turn everything in tomorrow... The earliest i could find anything out about ribbons and such is April 1st... But they will be on exhibit from April 1st until April 17th.. Cross all your fingers and toes ... Fingers , Toes, and Eyeballs...!! Have a great weekend!!! Hugs! deb



5 comments:

  1. Good morning Deb, you are entering some awesome pieces-very creative-Good Luck hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of Luck with the art show. 🤞🏼Your art pieces are awesomely wonderful. It's hard to pick which one I love best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices to enter. They are all sure winners in my book.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's really hard to pick just one favorite so I pick Hermie 1st and then a special place in my heart is the seed pod tree. I love all of your work. The fair is lucky to have these in their collection. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Help, I cannot decide, they´re all wonderful! Glad I´m not the judge, but I´d say 8 it is! "Find your flock" is the sweetest to me, hugs and good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete