Sunday, March 6, 2022

Games............

 

Do you like to play games???  I guess i'm really thinking board games here but really any kind of games.... I LOVE to play games... always have... As a child i was basically an 'only child' or the only one living at home as i had MUCH older brothers and not alot of friends... and my Mother and Father were not interested in playing games... So my desire to play games went unsatisfied....

For a short time in my married life hubby and i would play cards with some friends... Mostly  'Spades'... have you heard of that?  We were stationed in Germany  and some military friends of ours would get together one night a week and play Spades.. It was great fun!! And i miss it to this day... 

Not long into our married life hubby informed me he really doesn't like to play games....(Apparently at a young age his stepfather drove everyone crazy playing games so hubby was burned out on games... just my luck) You can see in the picture above the games i bought to 'entice' him....  And ofcourse i played with my young daughter... but she soon reached an age to 'old ' to play games...

Speaking of other games.... do you remember the childhood games... of ... 'Red Light/Green Light,  'Mother May I?',  'Freeze Tag', and the list goes on... I wonder if kids still play those today?? Some favorites of mine are Monopoly.... Trivial Pursuit... Clue! .... remember 'Trouble' ?  Parcheesi... 

These days i can get hubby to play Seek and Find games on the computer... Have you ever played those??? So much fun! Its really the only computer game i play... Hubby used to play some computer games but he said they've gotten so complicated he doesn't enjoy them anymore...  Do you like to play games? Board/Computer ? What are or were some of your favorites?? Hugs! deb  


4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, I grew up playing board games-the ones when we were really young. as a family we would play monopoly or put puzzles together. any card games were not allowed. (as was no dancing, no make up etc)
    as an adult I really did not like board games, Larry never did and he was burnt out on card games because that's what his family played.
    I do like puzzles but I do those at jigsaw planet online-they have tons of photos to choose from or you can upload your own photo-and the puzzles can be different shapes, rotated or not, and as many pieces as you want.
    so sorry I am no help (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I like playing the board game, Chess. That's our favorite board game!

    I remember when I was young, I loved playing kick the can with my friends back then, at night. It was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a game player. Growing up I played endless sessions of Clue with my brother and cousins, all older than me. Risk was another game, Monopoly, Parcheesi. An other older cousin had a trivia game Go To The Head of the Class which I loved, but played by myself because she and my brother didn't like me tagging along after her. I played endless hours of Whist during my Freshman year of college. Trivial Pursuits was another fun game. I don't really play games now. The Young One majored in Interactive Media and Game Development at WPI. Can't find a job in the industry. She and a group of friends play endless hours of Minecraft and Dungeons and Dragons. As kids, Himself and I played Hide and Seek, Red Rover, Red Light/Green Light, but our favorite game was Kick the Can. I don't think kids play outside much any more

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love games and so do my daughters, their spouses and the grandchildren. Joe I have a curling game that we play practically every day. Its kept us sane during the pandemic. We play crokinole as well. We have some outdoor summer games too. Great fun - and we keep it fun.

    ReplyDelete