Sunday, March 13, 2022

One Becomes Four............

 

..........I LOVE to paint on cereal box chipboard.  Somehow it doesn't feel so 'precious' to me as a canvas... I buy the BIG boxes of cheerios for hubby and i and they cut up beautifully for use as a canvas and even a small side to make a bookmark or some such thing... 
One cereal box side became 4 postcards!
I made a boo boo though...  I didn't let the clear coat dry long enough before i put it under a heavy book to make it flat... and it STUCK!  I have to admit i was a little devastated as it was a lot of work went into that.. and i knew there was no way i could paint over that and hide it. It actually tore the cardboard... so i had to think of other ways i could cover it up and still use the card.....so
Bees and washi tape to the rescue!!!

I kinda like it on there... I put some 'wink of stella' glitter on the bee wings and well... i just couldn't stop so the succulents got some glitter too... I'm just a glitter gal... Glitter makes everything better...lol 
So glad you stopped by today!!


Do you like to paint on chipboard? 
Hugs! deb













9 comments:

  1. Good morning, I loved seeing how you made these postcards-I thought you had bought postcard canvass's I have a pack of postcards I bought that are for watercolor painting-you have me motivated to try painting again.
    You came up with an excellent rescue!! I shared the one you sent me on my T post for this week-it will go live late Monday.
    Happy Wednesdays hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh where is my mind haha Happy Sunday I was thinking about Food Wednesdays and I am canceling my cast iron saturdays-lack of interest

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see your PostCard creations Kathy!! So glad you stopped by!!!

      Delete
  2. I've never worked on chipboard except to use as covers for small books. Great idea to make postcards and using the washi tape was a perfect save

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CJ!! Its amazing how well the chipboard takes the paint!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had a talent in the drawing/painting area. I always love to see your art.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Carol.... I bet you have more talent than you think.. and i've heard said and i take it to heart that drawing and painting is not a talent its a skill and you can learn it!!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  4. That came out wonderful! Especially with the bees. Cool idea to use that material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea Deb. Love your postcards. I normally paint on wood or slate but I may try your cereal box idea.

    ReplyDelete