Thursday, April 14, 2022

Art Thursdays!

 

This is a WIP or Work In Progress.......  I have held onto these plastic blocks going on 10 years or better.. dragging them with me place to place...They were part of some packaging in something we bought.. Can't even remember what it was anymore. But i thought i could make something with them....   Its  now or never! So first i painted them with gesso... Just helps everything stick better i think......


I cut the shape of the block out of card stock .. I needed to block one side so i can stick something in those little holes..... I just glued them on.. worked great!

Next i had to audition colors of paint to match the scrapbook paper i wanted to use... Third one down won..... blackcherry... 


Then i gilded the edges in gold............

I sandpapered a few rough spots off the wood letters.......


Getting my pedestals in order... a few of them were wobbly...  I need to cut off maybe an inch... they are just too tall for me... Then its time for stain.. I have a hard time painting over wood.... I just like the stain look... 


No finished piece here to show you... Hopefully next week.... Until then.. can you work out what its going to say??? Hope your having a wonderfully Artsy Thursday... If your looking for more art head over to Kathy's blog and check out her watercoloring this week!! Hugs! deb


2 comments:

  1. Good morning (early) I always love seeing your recycle projects I never paint wood either and rather stain to bring out the lovely wood.
    I am like you and have brought my sewing and now other craft art materials everywhere I have ever moved since the late 60's I got into weaving in the 70's and on it has progressed haha
    thank you for the shout out-hugs I am no good with scrambled letters but I am anxious to see what you are making hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give you credit for all the large craft items you move all over the country with you. I have no clue what you will end up with those blocks - but can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete