Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Let's Go to the CARNIVAL!!

 

When is the last time you went to the Carnival??Well its probably been a good 10yrs for me!  Here in our little town the Rodeo/Stockshow/Carnival come once a year.. Above is one of my favorite rides! The FerrisWheel! 


Aaaand my second favorite ride... The MerryGoRound... yeah i'm a mellow kinda gal..lol 


I even like the fun houses and mazes.. But you didn't come here for the rides did you?! You came here for the FOOD!  Below is my entry for Food Wednesday! Enjoy!!! 


Bacon.. Bacon... Bacon 
Yes Please!! 






I do apologize some of them were a little hard to read..It was quickly getting dark on me..  Hopefully they enlarge for you and that helps..  Lots of FOOD!  Hubby and i don't ride many rides or eat much of the food but we love going at night when all the lights are on and we love the atmosphere.. We won a stuffed animal at the WaterGun game and we gave it to a little girl. Made her sooo happy! Just a fun time.. I ended up with a cotton candy and snow cone! :)  Happy Food Wednesday! Hope you had fun at the Carnival!! Hugs! deb

8 comments:

  1. Good morning, I did have a fun time at your carnival-good memories. I always enjoyed these. we always have lived in farm country so the fairs were connected with the 4 H programs too. So fun. we can't eat any of the foods any more either, and they are always coming up with new fun foods to try.
    I get so motion sick-all my life-that when I was a little girl by father had to get them to stop the ferris wheel so I could get off-I loved that ride too. I can not even go on a swing without getting motion sickness-sad I know haha.
    thank you for joining in with Food Wednesdays and Loved your post-smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. We have a pretty large carnival that comes every year, well except since covid. I don't know if it will be here this year or not. We always go to get cotton candy and Mr. M. gets a corn dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks amazing yes we go for the food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved to go as a child back in Germany. The only food I had there was the "gebrannte Mandeln", they were so good. I miss those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't gone to a fair since the girlies were little. I love the fried dough (dough boys, elephant ears?). I make them at home now once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun post. Here we have fairs in the late summer and fall, but it has also been years since I've been to one. I found the shark, gator and frog legs stand so unusual for us. I always like the apple crisp stand with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Looks like you had some fun. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have county fairs here, but they are all about judging animals, quilts, cakes, pies, jams, watermelons, etc. BUT, the KS state fair looks more like the carnival you went to in TX. The county fair determines who goes to the state fair, so if you get top honors at your county fair you enroll your project in the state fair. However, there is a midway that looks much like your food offerings. That "Everything Fried" looks like a heart attack on a stick!!

    We also had the games on the midway, and it was great you won something and gave it to an unsuspecting child. We also have the grandstand. Under the grandstand, vendors hawk their wares, like knives, spas, vibrating chairs, etc. Thanks for taking me to the fair in my memories, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun post- and it certainly brings back lots of memories for me! I worked for several summers at Dorney park- our local and large amusement park. First two years at food stands then at a beer tent where they held private parties. It was a blast as I got to ride the rides free when I was on break or finished working:) I couldn't do that now though;)

    ReplyDelete