Friday, April 8, 2022

Forever Curious Fridays............

 

Do you consider yourself a lifelong learner? Are you forever curious about the world around you? How things work..... if you come across a word you don't know do you look it up? If you Google one thing to find an answer or a meaning of something does that lead to another? And soon your down a rabbit hole?  Well i would answer yes to all of these. lol ! So i thought i would try sharing with you what i have learned during the week. And i hope you'll share something with me that you learned. Sometimes just one thing sometimes it may be a few......  


This week i'm reading a book 'Life Expectancy' by Dean Koontz....and i ran across the word.. harlequinphobia..........  most of the phobias i cannot even pronounce so this one seem rather simple so i wondered it it was a real phobia... looked it up yep! Fear of Clowns! and ofcourse that led down the rabbit hole of phobias... Chronophobia ... fear of time, Melophobia... fear of music,  Pogonophobia... fear of beards... and the list goes on and on ...  


So, what have you learned this week? I'm curious to know! Happy Friday! Hugs! deb



4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, did not know that the fear of clowns was called that, and I never understood being afraid of clowns as they are suppose to bring joy and laughter.
    I learned more from my last watercolor-ink practice, enough that I want to continue learning, and not as intimidated about painting as I was before

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week, I learned I will be teaching a bookmaking class at the museum for 8 to 10 year olds. I made samples of the 3 books they will be making to see what works for materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I learned anything major this week but I re-learned to appreciate every day! I am severely claustrophobic. When I was a child I used to tell people that I was 'closetphobic' because I didn't like being in closets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is a REAL phobia. You would be surprised at the number of people who are afraid of clowns.

    ReplyDelete