Saturday, April 9, 2022

HOME........

 

...........today is the day!!! We're going in the craftroom!! Are you ready??  The craftroom is made up of two small bedrooms.. We took the wall down between them and i left the doors off. I wanted it to feel open and a part of the rest of the house.. We don't have many people over and we don't mind looking at my mess.... lol 

As you can see first in the door is my roll top desk. I've had it for years.. Its been moved from TX to CA to AR and now full circle back to TX.. lol I love it... I write 90% of my snail mail letters here and i write in my journal i've kept 30+ years here and I'm always writing the epic novel here that i never finish.. this time its a haunted house novel... bwwwaaa...aaa.... lol 

We're just gonna go around the room here.. Next is the little library alcove.. Trying to fit all our stuff in our new house we got down to the point of where are the books gonna go? There was honestly nowhere else for them to go but here.. And i kinda like having them in the craftroom.. The desk , the books , the crafts... its like having all the things that I love in one room..    


Keeping going around the room you come to my first work station... I hope the pics will enlarge for you... let me know if the do or don't .. 


Second work area... with a place for a tv , hopefully . Having my stamps displayed like that is new for me .. Usually they are just in a box i have to dig thru. This is so much better.. 

The first of two windows in the craftroom. They both face North.. Not alot of light but not bad either.. 

My coveted drawing table.. The cork board has postcards people have sent me and drawings i've done.. an airbrushed license plate of hubby and i  some pictures of hubby and i. To the right of the table is the wonderful colored pencil holder table hubby built for me.. 😍... Got the drawing table ,chair and light for a song on Craig's List.. 


Speaking of Craig's List... that's where i got this glass shelf , which is perfect for my paints.. A cubby for every color..lol ... Some of my art on the wall and ofcourse Minions!! Every craftroom needs a Minion!!! lol 

Now thru to the second room.. This is where most of the painting happens and most of the supplies are stored... I just want to prepare you... i have too too much stuff!!! (crap.. craftycrap... )  I'm forever trying to narrow my focus to what i truly like to do. Only problem is i like to do it all.. What can i say i'm a work in progress... 


First shelf of CraftyCrap...lol Oh my lets see sketch books.. I NEVER need to buy another sketchbook, wood supplies... empty boxes i want to decorate.. boxes of little ceramic tile i want to turn into refrigerator magnets.. cardboard tubes i plan on trying to make rainsticks... and more... 


Window by the easel..... Found the little glass desk at GoodWill... I figured if need be i can use the glass top as a paint palette... the paint should easily scrape off.. 


 This desk sees alot of use.. Love the plugs built into it and the top shelf has a light under it.. GREAT work desk..  and i DO have a tv in here.. Its nice to have a little noise in the room.. Whether it be music or movie i've seen a million times that i really don't have to pay attention to.. i find i like having something in the background.. 


More shelves of stuff... Stuff i think i need to do what i want to do.. So many projects sitting on those shelves.. When i left Arkansas to move to TX i had a serious conversation with myself... 


Do i still want to do all these projects... And the answer was YES! I might have weeded out one or two things but honestly  i  dragged nearly everything from AR to TX... 


So stay tuned... with any luck there will be some lovely things coming out of here.. You can catch  them on Art Thursdays AND i'm trying to do some Pages of my art on this blog.. The link is up under the header picture... I haven't added photos yet but i will..!! Hope you have a great weekend!! and you enjoyed the tour! Hugs! deb




 



7 comments:

  1. Good morning Deb, I Love your craft rooms space and you have great storage. I am in a small room-does have a small closet with steps to the attic-which is packed haha--with lots and lots of stuff.
    I am not ready to downsize either, because I jump around allot with different fiber arts and now painting.
    I love your old desk. Larry picked up a fantastic very old desk for me several years ago and it was made in my home state of Indiana-I love it very much.
    Love how you have displayed your stamps. I took a small metal dentist's cabinet with drawers from Larry's space and it is the perfect height for my wooden-rubber stamps I have filled it up now though
    Yes the photos enlarged-thank you for sharing I very much enjoyed the tour Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes turned green when I saw your craft room. So much space, and so tidy, too! The glass desk will also make a very handy lightbox. My desk has a glass top and a pencil tray underneath. I bought some puck lights from Home Depot. They were 3 lights for $10 or so, and use 3 AAA batteries. Press to turn them on and off. It's a helpful set up when I address envelopes or coming up lettering diplomas for a high school. Himself had build me a lightbox, using under cabinet lights. It's big and heavy and will become the Young One's as we're cleaning the basement so she has a studio space. I'm too old to be running up and down stairs! 😸 Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- such a wonderful and well displayed and organized room Deb! First of all, I love that desk. And your own little library corner is just wonderful. The paints in the glass cabinet is such a great idea! It's good to see the stamps displayed too, but I have literally thousands so they are labeled in plastic see through bins in categories. Thanks for the tour, and enjoy your beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deb, great space you have there, and looks like you could possibly fit more stuff in there too lol. My problem is lack of space and also like you, I like to do all the crafts. I like your stamps all out on display, I think they will get used more that way when you can actually see what you have. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tour! I too have a lot of ....stashes! Way too much but I refuse to part with it too as I go from sewing/quilting to card making to scrapbooking to painting to beading to mixed media and on and on. I do not have the room and desks and tables you have - envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly a dream craft space, Deb. I love it. You have nearly as much stuff as I have, but MINE is ALL junk or crap and not the crafty kind, either. I love how you segregate your craft paint from your better paint. Smart move. And I love where you have stored your wood mounted stamps, too. I wanted to do that at one time, but there was no room on the walls.

    Really LOVELY rooms. Now I'm off to see your Food Wed post.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely LOVE your art & craft rooms!! I can picture you there now. :)

      Delete