Monday, April 11, 2022

T stands for PetStore..........

 

It must be Tuesday!  I hear the clinking of teacups , the hum of good conversations and the delicious smell of wonderful confections .... All orchestrated by our delightfully nimble hostess Elizabeth as she gracefully pirouettes around the room keeping teacups topped off and passing out wonderfully sweet patisseries... All this while making sure the conversations flow and everyone feels welcome..

This week my conversation centers around a trip to the pet store.... no , no, no... no pets came home with me..... although it is always tempting... I'd love to have a bird for a pet... but in the past i have found them to be terribly messy and cleaning up after them got old ... quick... but i love to LOOK.. 


This lizzard really stood out on his bright green carpet.. I have no desire for a lizzard though... 


What i've really been thinking about is GoldFish... So many wonderful fish out there but i have a softspot for goldfish.. So I've been looking at a small tank... maybe 3 gallon... to fit on top of my roll top desk.. big enough for maybe 2 goldfish.. I've been talking myself into it and out of it for quite a while now.. 


Hubs and i used to have fish tanks in our younger days... BIG fish tanks ... and after awhile they really just became a hassle to take care of properly.. so its been YEARS since we've had fish or even entertained the idea of having fish...  


My have they come out with some really fantastic ways to decorate your tanks... some of it is really gorgeous! 


Ofcourse my little tank will not be large enough to fit anything except maybe a little plant.. lol 

But i enjoy looking and i hope you did too... This week i posted a tour of my craftroom in our new house.. If you'd like to take a look go here. Since restarting my blog i have woefully few followers , please consider following me... I sure would appreciate it! Until next time , have a wonderful week... Many many thanks to Elizabeth our wonderful hostess. Elizabeth another cup of tea please and one of those chocolate eclairs , the one with Bavarian cream in the middle..MMmmmm...Thank you!Hugs! deb


   

16 comments:

  1. I love looking at the fish tank accessories. So many fun things. Castles, animated deep sea divers, animated pirates trunks full of treasure, shipwrecks. I'd be tempted to decorate for the seasons. 😸Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish tanks can be simple or complex. I have never had one but before I met Larry he used to raise allot of fish to sell. several years into our marriage we had a business called About Birds which was wholesale to ma and pa pet shops and we had a small retail on our little farm property. we also had two building where we raised birds. some endangered that we raised for zoos. allot of hard work and long hours but I really enjoyed the experience-I learned allot.
    so I enjoyed your pet shop visit and brought back some memories.-ok pass me a cup of tea please
    Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have large aquariums and they were a lot of work. I've been thinking about another cat, that would be nice. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie
    Love that lizard, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely coffee/tea cup you have - I really like it.

    I have pet dreams too but the hassle always stops me too. Being the pet Grandma works as I can love on them and leave. LOL.

    They have come out with some lovely aquarium decorations - wow.

    Fun post and happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to visit the pet store with you Deb. I agree about birds being messy, and I prefer birds wild and free. But fish are always fun. I've had big tanks myself, and I know what you mean about the work. Right now I'll pass on doing those big tanks again. But a couple of goldfish sound fun. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead-but I hope to see you tomorrow for Food Wednesdays. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous cup and I love the blue paper with the blossoms - so beautiful 😀. I enjoyed visiting the pet store too, we used to have a blue buggie when we were younger, he was called George (smile!). Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have an aquarium but now it's society finches. They are messy, though. Sooo messy! A goldfish would be nice.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking me to the pet store. That was fun. Did you come home with a small fish tank?
    I remember my son in the UK once looked after his neighbor's fish tank while the neighbor was on holiday. I was allowed to come and see it. It was a salt water tank and it took up half the room. It was huge and I found it fascinating.
    By the way, I love your header.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. A trip around a pet shop is fun- yet tempting sometimes;) We used to have several fish tanks - along with lots of other pets- dogs, mice, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, turtles, lizards, birds- you name it! Thankfully they weren't ALL with us at the same time-lol. Off to see your craft room post:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It can be really soothing to watch fish swim about in their tanks but they would not be happy here with all the cats! I will go check out your craft room now Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wrote a reply and lost it! I did follow you, and I hope you will consider following me-Foxy Stamping. Thank you. About pets, I don't think we ever had fish, if we did it was just a fishbowl. We have had dogs, cats, and hamsters. Our grandchildren on the other hand had rats! Fortunately, rats have a short life span, and that didn't last more than a couple of years. Then they had iguanas. Fun post. Interesting mug. :) Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's a really nice pet store. Ohhh I love your mug!!! Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happyto connect up with you again. I apparently missed a whole moving saga. I've signed up as a follower so I won't miss what is next. Fun to look at the pets. Let us know what you decide about the goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having pets, no matter how big or small, are always a responsibility, but also can bring a lot of joy. When my daughter was in 2nd or 3rd grade, she brought home two mosquito fish after a project was done at school. We had a bowl for them and some plants in there. Even though this was small, it still was work to clean etc (and that, of course, was left to mom...). Next she brought a crayfish who lived with us for quite some years, it was a bit more entertaining in the fish. In the end I prefer pets that I can interact with like cats or dogs (no birds for me since I prefer them wild and free), but of course the work increases as well.
    Fun mug in your top picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just had a look at your fabulous craft room. Such a great idea to take out the wall to make it one big room. I agree, being surrounded by all the things that one loves is the best.
    I love going into restaurants and seeing all the beautiful fish tanks that they have. I can imagine that they require a lot of care. Looking forward to seeing your set up if you decide to get one.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have been here sooner, but I've been stuck with my new tax man most of the day. Nothing like waiting till the last minute to get everything filed.

    I had intended to visit you for Food Wednesday, but time got in my way. I won't allow that to happen this week.

    Apparently the eyes have it this week, at least in your coffee/tea mug.

    I had fish for awhile, but not since I have been in Wichita. They are, as you admitted, difficult to take care of over time. Especially when it comes to cleaning the fish tank. I sure enjoyed following you around the pet store, though. It was fun to see because I haven't been to one in many years. Thanks for sharing your photos and your mug of coffee or tea with us for T this Tuesday. I am off to see what I have missed this week, including your craft room.

    BTW, you asked about the 7 Continents Journal pages. I started with a PDR (Physician's Desk Reference). I drilled holes in the book and the pages. They were so thin, I ended up gluing up to four pages together. I got tired of going through glue, so reverted to cardstock for my pages. Now I store the completed pages in clear plastic folders back to back. I have a book for each continent. Thanks for asking and sorry I didn't answer immediately.

    ReplyDelete