Monday, May 2, 2022

T stands for Just Because....

 

............Is there any better bouquet of flowers than one's that are 'Just Because'...?


       Hhhmmmmm... for me anyway... i think not...

Happy T day to everybody! Have you had a good week? I'll be around to see... 

Hubby is making beans today... Actually i'm babysitting the beans. Hubby had to run to town.. But i'am under strict instructions to 'NOT BURN THE BEANS'... ppffftt... like i would.. lol But now he has me paranoid about it so i'm checking them like every two minutes...lol 


We had to do triage on a fallen 'warrior' this week. Just couldn't handle the TX wind.. We should have him up and playing music in the wind soon.. 


A finished project.... This one per usual took on a life of its own.. 

I could have done it much simpler and cheaper. After all it started as a recycled project... recycling those blocks... 

But then i HAD to put them up on pedestals AND decorate the back as well as the front.. .... I will however enjoy these every Christmas.. 


And it is ever so nice to have a project i've carried around for a LONG time FINISHED!! 


Now i can look at the NEXT project , which is similar in that it has multiple pieces... I really only need make one and if it proves difficult i may do that.. But i have the material to make a dozen i think... So we'll see... Some things look good when they are in your head but don't necessarily translate if you now what i mean.. lol

I say these are done but... if you look on the top of them there are holes... I plan on sticking some Christmasy berry branches or some such thing in there but i have to wait until the Christmas stuff comes out in the stores... so... I'll pack these away for Christmas... Happy happy T day everyone!! I'll be around to see what your up to... Hugs! deb
 





 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, what a special gift of flowers-very pretty ones too. ah bummer about the wind chime, we get some wicked winds here in Missouri too. Beans can stick to the bottom of the pan if not careful. I love what you did with those pedestals I had no idea what you were going to make with those. They turned out beautiful-so good job-must feel good to be able to check a project off the list.
    did you get more rain besides that one day? we are still in rain mode here, wish I could some to you -Happy T hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we drove through the Texas panhandle a few days ago, we felt the wind. It made for challenging driving. I'm still exhausted (and doing the laundry from 3 weeks on the road)! The rain in Oklahoma was worse than the wind in Texas.

    I can't begin to think about next Christmas! You are brave.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wind has been pretty crazy here as well - another weird year. Your flowers are beautiful. Nice Christmas decoration, I can imagine that it feels great to have finished a project that has been with you for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers just because are always fun and very sweet too. They are pretty Deb. I hope you didn't burn the beans. I had to smile when I read that. I hope also you've had a great start to the new month, have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, the best flowers are Just Because! And beautiful, too. Sounds like my hubby. I did all the cooking for the first 40 years, now that he has been cooking for the last 15 years, it is like I don't know how! LOL Really, though, I love that he does a lot of the cooking. That was a beautiful Christmas decoration, and you will enjoy it for years now. Happy T Day, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very lucky to get Just Because flowers. Really lovely and thoughtful, too.

    I have at least three of those wounded warriors like yours. The Kansas winds are brutal, too. Today was mild. Only 30 mph with gusts to 37 according to our weather station I watch. Of course, we were under a tornado watch until it was lifted at 10 p.m., a few minutes ago.

    What an amazing Christmas decoration. You put a lot of time and effort into that project. Really, really like it. Thanks for sharing your craft projects, your flowers, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb. Did you burn the beans? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your comment about transfers. Here are the two lessons I taught on tape and other transfers. This is all I know about transfers:

    https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/09/lesson-18-image-transfers-and-pop-up.html

    and

    https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/10/elizabeths-image-transfer-homework.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flowers are always wonderful, and getting them like this even more so. Love the decorations you made, fabulous! Happy T Day, look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet to get flowers just because. Very cool Christmas project and a pat on the back for finishing. Poor Windchime. I hope he's been repaired and back to singing. I love windchimes. And the big question, did you burn the beans? 😸Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are so pretty, I had some shocking pink ones for my birthday and they lasted for ages 😀. Your. Christmas project is amazing, it's so beautifully detailed and looks awesome! That poor windchime, I'm sure you'll work your magic and get it all working again soon. Hope the beans are ok! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful and cheerful bunch of flowers! Your recycle project is fabulous. I can see how that would take a while but it certainly looks great.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flowers are lovely for any reason or no reason. Love your xmas decor project too Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, the just because flowers are the best. Good looking beans and a wonderful Christmas display. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete