Sunday, June 26, 2022

T stands for Double Nickel Birthday!

 

Hello T party People!!! The celebrating continues over here... We've already celebrated my 33rd Anniversary... Now it's my Double Nickel Birthday as i've affectionately started to call it.. lol  55... Yeah best to put only one candle on THAT cake..lol ! We pretty much celebrated all week... 

Hubs treated me out to a meal at one of favorite restaurants... Fajitas!!!  AND there's my T ticket.. unsweet tea.. Don't faint...I even put rice on my fajita 'cause it's my Birthday!! lol I usually stay away from carbs as much as i can.. 


We went to a favorite Antique/FleaMkt down town and at the very last minute we found some crystal tucked away in a corner.. I've collected Swarovski crystal most of my adult life.. After some research when i got home i found out the little bird is actually Swarovski but the other two i could not find.. We paid a good price for them and the other two look to be well made.. .and that SNAIL is so stinking cute!!!  They will all be nice additions to my collection.. I even treated myself to a documentary type movie... Deep In The Heart. Here's a link where you can see a trailer and get more info.. Its about wildlife conservation in TX and the host is Matthew McConaughey ! Reason enough to go right?!Hubby let me go to that one by myself! lol 


My birthday was ANOTHER opportunity to drag hubby to an Art Show...lol Hey i'm a cheap date... It's free!! So much pretty art here. I'll show you just a few.. 


Blue Ribbon winner!  All the info tag said was Mixed Media... I could see some gold flake in there..It was under a thick layer of some clear coat.. resin maybe.. Really pretty.. 


There was so much amazing art i would not have wanted to be a judge... Some were so realistic they looked like photographs.. 

This one above is a water color... just beautiful.. 


They had sculptures too... All the pieces were made especially for this competition..  There was to be a people's choice award and those artists would be invited back for a special showing of their art.. 


After a little arm twisting hubby chose this one ... ( i think because he knew i liked it)


And i chose this one... I just loved the bright colors.. which were even brighter in person.. The owl was done in acrylic and the cactus  in oil.. I have some art of my own to show if you can hang in a bit longer... 


I made a  few PostCards... I meant it to look like seaglass... I think for whatever reason the blue one was more successful..  I used acrylic paint.. 


.... And then Glossy Accents to give them the 'seaglass' look... I did put them in an envelope as the bug on top was not fastened down good enough.. 

And finally I've started working on a new page in my Bee Altered Book... If enough people would like i  could give you a flip through.. This is my first Altered Book... I never thought i would enjoy it so much... But it just allows my imagination to take flight.. Thank you so much if you've managed to make it to the end.. I'll be around to visit!! Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb
 



20 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, what a fun filled post. Happy Birthday-55 is a good year It was for me as I retired from the phone co when I was 55 or close to it. It was a nice age for me as I still felt young but I was retiring.
    Love your cake-did you make it? Beautiful art show I would have enjoyed that. and I am loving your art too-turned into cards. and I loved the two paintings you both chose too.
    Happy T and new week Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delicious birthday cake and eye candy this week. Your crystal critters are adorable. Just look at the little piggy's tail. Very cool postcards and the altered bee book is bee-utiful. Did you see what I did there? 😺Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Sounds as if you had a great celebration. Many happy returns.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and colorful post, Deb. Love the double nickle birthday celebration and your incredible cake. It's a beauty.

    It was nice to see you were taken out for fajitas on your birthday. If there is ANY day to splurge food wise, it should be your birthday. It sure looks good.

    What a remarkable art show. Free is always good, too. I really adored the paintings both of you chose. And I absolutely adore your beautiful postcards. I can see why they look like stained glass, too. Speaking of which, I love those crystal critters, but I would never trust myself. I would drop and break one as I was dusting it.

    Thanks for sharing your week with us, your birthday, the art, and your meal, as well as your tea for T this week, dear Deb.

    To answer your question, I will go over the rules for the ATCs next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Deb! I agree with you, the snail is stinking cute. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb! First of all, before I forget it; Happy 55th birthday! Next, I love how you celebrated! Yes, I will definitely check out the Mathew McConaughey documentary! The artwork you showed us is amazing! I especially liked the turtle sculpture. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how both you and hubby can have your own tastes and yet come together to have a good time out! We are the same so I honestly can't wait til my hubby can retire. Maybe then we can make celebrations last longer than a day:):) Wonderful art! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Tday and happy Birthday! Fabulous post. I love the idea of celebratig you birthday all week long - makes it even better. Great art at the show and your own personal artt as well! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday Deb. You sound like you had a super celebration. Boy there was some amazing art at the show you "dragged" your husband too. And your art is bright and happy, just the way I like it. You found some nice gifts too. I'm glad your double nickel was a great day and I hope your T day is good too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Deb! Sounds like you had a great day. I love looking at art shows too....hubby tolerates them for me. We go to a lot of Art in the Park type of places as there is always a lot more variety.
    Your art work is absolutely as good as those in the shows....hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always visit the most beautiful art shows. Really amazing art! And I love your "sea glass." It looks like the real thing.
    You cake looks delicious. I love an excuse to eat carbs. That cake looks worth it.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday!!!! Oh, I haven´t had Fajitas in ages, lucky you!
    We have a Swarovski store right around the corner - I have never been inside! Reckon I should? Thought they have but jewlery.
    Hey, fun-cheapies we are. That´s beautiful art - to a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Deb! Glad you were able to celebrate and enjoy yourself in all sorts of ways, you certainly got around. Love the crystal pieces, enjoy! And your art is fab*u*lous! And I would love a flip though your bees altered book! I sent your envelope off to you yesterday, hope it arrives soon, but it will probably take a couple of weeks. Happy T Day, keep celebrating, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Deb and it looks like you had a great one. The food is what I would have wanted too. Nice crystal find for sure. The art show really looks fantastic. The art is excellent. Double nickle will be a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! I have a BIG one coming up. I would spend mine just like you. I booked theatre tickets and a hotel away for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! I remember 55 -barely lol The fajita looks delicious. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday! 55 is such a lovely age. Enjoy!
    The cake looks delicious. I agree that only one candle would look good on that.
    I am amazed at the beautiful art show. Beautiful! I spotted some turtle/tortoises among the sculptures. Those would be my favorites.
    The crystal figures are so cute. And your 'sea-glass' cards are beautiful.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous post! Your celebrations look amazing, all the food looks so yummy - happy birthday wishes 😀. Loving those little crystal critters and the art is so beautiful, those eagles are beautiful. Wishing you a very Happy T Day 😁. Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday! Your cake looks lovely and delicious. The art show looks good too, I love that owl painting and the cactus, good choices, and I think your seaglass postcards turned out really well too. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belated birthday wishes Deb!! looks like you celebrated in style. No, i haven't fired up my blog, I was just lurking about Blogland........I usually don't leave comments, but wanted to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday! Your art is fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete