Monday, July 18, 2022

T Stands for Art-Filled Week....

 

Welcome T Ladies!! Let me catch you up on an art filled week!! I really enjoyed painting fairies with glitter on their wings to help my Granddaughter learn her colors... When i was little my Grandparents ran a Nursing Home of sorts and the elderly ladies would sit me on their beds with balls of yarn and teach me my colors.. 

This week i finished the two page spread in my Bee Book... There's alot more glitter and sparkle on this page than is showing up... 


           Here is the final layout of this page... 


Here let me tilt it for you so you can see some sparkle.. 


           And do you remember this endeavor?


                 First there was a background..


And then there were chickens! And lo and behold they do look like chickens!!! And maybe you can see a ghost of a woman there...

She did begin to materialize... but now i'm procrastinating on her face and hands...  I know its above my current capabilities and thats why i hesitate. I really am proud of those chickens though.. lol 


I'll leave you with a pic of Hub's shop progress!!! I've never seen him so organized..! He starts on his work island /station this week... 


Oh! And an update on the Volunteer Sunflowers was requested... 


Imagine if these beauties had rain! Rain? i don't even want to talk about it! A news headline for my town said we are to be 10 degrees F hotter than Cairo , Egypt this Mon/Tues... !!! Ridiculous! 


I hope you have a beautiful week my friends!! I'll be around to visit! Did you catch my ticket for T in the midst of the fairies?? Happy happy T day! Hugs!  deb


14 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, you had a very creative week! I love those fairies, and your chickens are fabulous-perhaps you can leave off the ladies face features? just a fine line perhaps to seperate her from the background, Or a dot for the eye and line for her mouth. but do I know haha?
    Loving your bee page too. that's really wonderful that your husband has his own creative space too-many men get forgotten for that.
    sounds too hot for me, your sunflower is doing well though in this heat-Happy T and new week and stay cool-hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to teach your granddaughter her colors with sparkly fairies. Lovely memory of how you learned your colors when you were small. too. Himself's eyes would turn green if he saw your husband's workshop. Your sunflowers are beautiful. I don't think I've seen ones that have more than one head on a stem. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colorful fairies and your bee project are lovely. I enjoyed your memory of the "old ladies." I wonder how old they really were.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your artwork (sorr for screaming) - oh, and will ask teamleader N how his bees are doing - I saw one yesterday on the balcony!

    The chickens are cute!!! And. Love the lady as she is.
    Wish for Ingo being a µ-bit that organized!
    To the sunflowers, thank you! Mionr still won´t show, which is sad...
    Happy T-Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to begin with my sheer envy of your husband's workshop. I can't wait to see more and be even MORE envious. My garage is so small, I can't even set up my drill press because my miter saw takes up so much room.

    Those fairies are adorable and what a great way to learn colors. And yes, "Eye" spied your mug of coffee among the fairies.

    I really LOVE those chickens and the woman. You have done a great job. Rather than believing you will mess it up, you could apply varnish over what you have created, then add the face and hands, which can then be removed if you don't like what you painted. The varnish protects the painting that you have created now.

    Those are beautiful wild sunflowers. They look a bit like the ones that bloom in September in my garden.

    Thanks for sharing your sunflowers, fairies, coffee, and your husband's progress in his shop with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, that is a great idea to teach your grand daughter colors. I really love the art and I would be proud of the chickens too. Well done indeed. My husband is very organized too. I am so glad for that. LOL The sunflowers are so pretty, not sure how the take the heat. Stay cool over there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your chickens! You could just leave her featureless, like a blog for head and blobs for hands and let the imagination fill in the details. What a fun activity to do with kids and educational too! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea to use those fairies to teach your grandkids about color. Your painting looks fabulous, I love the background! The chickens turned out great. I find faces and hands very hard as well, especially hands. Wish you (and us) rain - we need it desperately. At least it is not that hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great busy art week post. I like everything. The woman with chickens is really interesting. Hope you have a good week and some rain to keep things growing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your 'Russian' woman is coming along nicely. But now for the most difficult part... Perhaps you could have a few practice runs on a separate piece of paper.
    I love you bee art. Yes, I can clearly see all the glitter. In real life it must look absolutely gorgeous.
    Great wild sunflowers. I have never seen wild ones.
    Love the colored angels. What a good idea to teach your niece colours.
    Good for hubby to have his own workshop. Men love such a thing, but it will all descend into chaos as soon as they start working on a project. Mark my words!
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun memory from when you were younger! Sounds like a great way to learn ones colors.
    I LOVE your page with the honey jars, especially the gloss. This looks like a fun book. And your painting of the doorway is also fabulous!!
    Beautiful sunflowers despite the lack of rain. Hopefully soon you will get some rain.
    happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fairies, and yes, I saw your ticket. :) I look forward to your atc. Fun! Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete