Monday, July 25, 2022

T stands for.......Catching you up!

 

Did you ever have one of those weeks where there's not alot going on but you got alot done? Well T partiers lets begin with the fairies.... Aren't they pretty in their glassine envelopes? They came out beautiful and Glossy Accents was just the right thing to use to cover everything including glitter just right.. I would highly recommend it.. anytime you need a clear hard finish on something..   I have quite alot of these envelopes in different sizes if anyone would like some to play with.... Someone gifted them to me and i'd love to share.. 


Before i forget here's my ticket for the T party! Yes its still HOT and yes its still DRY... and every day for the foreseeable forecast is just more of the same.. Makes one wonder what it is going to take to break this cycle.. Hubby seems to think its going to be a very bad storm.. Lets hope he's wrong..  


  I camped out on the floor of the craftroom several days this past week..( Of one thing i'am sure.. I'am too old for THAT!)   I was taping off areas of the Fish Painting and using a toothbrush to 'flick' paint to look like sand.. 


Not the best photo but this is what i achieved... Still tweaking it.. 

And last but not least........ I used to love to swap PostCards ... Infact if you look carefully a few of you may recognize a PostCard or two you sent me over the years..  I hang them all on my wall .. and they are just a lovely bright spot in my house.. Valerie recently sent me an envelope with some diecuts of the 'Man with the Umbrella'.. and a few others.. (THANK YOU AGAIN Valerie!! )  And sent along a beautiful card she made.. 


Which is now up on my wall.. Do you see it Valerie?? For everyone else.. its the one with the bicycle... ! Just beautiful! Some of you may remember Krisha? and Eileen from our T party.. Their cards are up there too.. Kathy from Hummingbird Studios has just said she would like to swap PostCards now and then .  This is going to be SO much fun!! Have a great week everyone!!  Happy happy T day!! See you soon! Hugs! deb

13 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, I really love how you have displayed these beautiful art postcards-such a happy spot to gaze upon for sure.
    a treasure from Valerie I always love her art very much. I think she has taken July off to rest.
    Are you almost finished with your fish painting? Have you chosen where to hang it yet? I am thinking you will be so happy to see that on the wall-finally
    we did get rain finally but it didn't take long for the humidity to spike again, but am so thankful to be out of the 100's for awhile.
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have days or weeks when I've been busy but I don't feel like I've accomplished anything - usually because if its not crafting or quilting I'm busy at, it doesn't count! Very dry here too. They predicted strong thunderstorms for both Saturday and Sunday - not a drop fell here..... and very hot and humid too. But it still better than cold and snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sand effect on your fish painting. That is a lovely corner where you hung up all the postcards. How sweet of Valerie to send you some diecuts and make this beautiful card for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post cards for a while seemed to be going out of style, replaced by social media which are so instant. I used to send post cards all the time, but they often didn’t arrive at their destination until long after I returned home. I’m glad to see that they are coming back and people are exchanging them.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your postcard art display!! I used to do LOTS of postcard and ATC swapping but not having wall space for all I have amassed after years I keep them in photo boxes. I look through them often and take out and display a good handful every other month. Such kind and wonderful remembrances for sure. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your crafty projects Deb. That fish piece is coming along quite nicely. And I like your fairies too. And what a great idea to make a postcard wall. It is so much fun to look at, and you must enjoy it every day. And there's so much variety in style too. I hope you get some rain (not a big storm either) and have a great T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cold weather here again, after a great day yesterday and no. You are not too old to work on the floor ;-) The sand looks great. How did you do that?

    I was into postcrossing, but it was too impersonal for me. With bloggers, I do with some, that is fun indeed, if you want me to join, just give me your address (no hard feelings if not!) - have a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and I are in the same hot, dry, hot, dry, hot weather pattern. I told someone yesterday, when they complained it was going to be 100 F, that that was downright frigid in my world. With temps reaching 108 F and a heat index of 113 to 114 F, I would LOVE some rain.

    Your fish painting is getting a beautiful finish. I love how you depicted the sand.

    I am in awe of your postcards. I wish I was better at making them. Maybe a wonky "Folk Art" one might suit you (grin). I sure love your wall, though. It's too bad Valerie is taking a break. She would LOVE to see this, I'm sure. BTW, I also miss Krisha.

    Thanks for sharing your water, your fishy sand, and your wall of postcards with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    BTW, no napkin reveal until I get Chris's napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your postcard display! I have a huge old postcard collection in a box that I need to do something about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your arty postcard display is beautiful. I would never tire of looking at that.
    Your fish painting is absolutely gorgeous. Although you keep finding things to do on it.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you don't get a big storm to break the heat. Just some nice, gentle rain. Love the fish painting and the card wall is so happy and colorful. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just noticed that your water bottle has a cash refund! That is good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your mermaids in the pretty envelope!
    Your wall of art is lovely! So many cool pieces and an eye catcher.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete