Monday, July 11, 2022

T stands for ART!!!!

 

We'll start with a recycled photo of some tea... very appropriate as i'm melting here in Tx... 105F today.... No rain or end to the heat in sight.. Oh 20% chance of rain Thursday but i'm not holding my breath... So cheers! To all the Tpartyers!!! 


Please forgive me for another image of the 'Fish Painting' .( I need to think of a name for it) But all this month i have been painting rocks... Every. Single. One.  I counted 200 but if you want to count them let me know.. lol So above is before.. You can see at the very top i got started.. 


And this is where we are at now.. PLEASE tell me you can tell i shaded the rocks... So 39 fish and 200 rocks later this is where we are at.. Now for the sand bars (the brown layers)... 


Now for my Bee Altered Book... i thought i'd remind you where it started... 


This is where i work on my Bee Book... um yeah... Its a work in progress and it looks like a total disaster.. I always take a little break between pages so when this page is done i'll find my desk again.. 


Its a slow process ~ many layers and most of the time i never know what direction the page is going except for the bee part... And sometimes there is an epiphany at the last minute.. I was going to put the shiney Glossy Accents all over the jars then at the last minute i realized i could make it look like drips.. Ah-mazing!! I hope you can see it.


This is a two page spread and this page is still very much a work in progress.. Here i'm trying out images to see what i like.. 


And the last piece of Art... A friend gave me this leather bound sketch book a few years ago and oh my goodness it just felt too precious to mark in.. The size is .. well BIG.. 14"x17".  You know i've been downsizing and my mantra was 'if your not going to use it , it's got to GO! So i did it! 


                           I broke it open! 


First thing i did was break open my fine art paints.. you know the kind i apparently hoard and not use.. (insert eyeroll ) and did swatches on the first page.. I would use these in here and not the $1 bottles of craft paint.. (which is what i'm using on the Fish Painting).. This swatching was fun... 


I have a stash of inspiration pictures i have saved for painting.. and this one was on top of the stack.. It's from a National Geographic magazine... Just something about it appeals to me.. the colors the composition.. i don't know exactly.. Even the woman seems to be made up of simple shapes.. Now i'am not delusional .. i KNOW at my skill level painting the woman's face and hands will be near impossible but i want to give it a go.. If in the end you can tell its a person then i did good... lol

Only one rule in this book... nothing super detailed like the 'Fish Painting'.. loose , loose, loose and FUN... If its not fun why am i doing it..  ? 


And if you made it this far i'll leave you with a photo of my sweetie pie. His favorite past time even at 105 F.... I was his chauffer that day..  Happy happy T day!! I'll be around to visit everyone!!! Hugs! deb
 


17 comments:

  1. I always enjoy my visits to your blog. The fish are amazing. I'd have given up on the rocks at about number 10. You are a lady with patience. That big journal is going to be a treasure one day - fill it with beauty my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, great post. Yes I can see all the work you have done with the rocks. I am thinking a happy dance will be in order when the fish painting is completed and ready to hang.
    I am intrigued with your bee book-looking good so far and I can see the drips.
    Next we will be having those extremes in high temps-ugh so looking forward to fall this year. we are pretty much trapped in the house except for early mornings. I am thinking your husband is really enjoying golfing very much Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The NatGeo photo is indeed dramatic, and I think you will make a very beautiful interpretation of it.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your fish painting is amazing! You always create so much detail on your pieces, it must be a labour of love as you must spend so much time shading and colouring everything 😀. The bee pages are so beautiful too, loving the shine of the honey - perfect! Glad you hubby enjoys his golf so much, we have 4 Golf course where we live in luding the Royal Lytham where the big tournaments like the Open are played so I'm sure he'd love it here, although being in the UK we can't guarantee the sunny weather ...ha, ha 😀. Sending you very Happy 9th T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fish are great but the bees sure top it! :-)
    Wish I could say it´s hot - it´s not (at least this is a rhyme).
    Have a happy T-Day with your sweetie pie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your art looks great, adventurous, and detailed! Love the bee book the most but the fish is cool! Golf in the heat doesn't sound fun, but when you love something I guess it doesn't really matter. Happy T-day. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, this is a beautiful post. I really enjoy seeing the fish art. Yes the rocks are shaded perfectly. I really love the photo of the old woman. Thank you for the well wishes too. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband's favourite past time as well. He is obsessed with golf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been very hot here again but we are also getting pop up showers here and there so that's good. Love the details in your fish painting- and yes, I can see the shading -bravo!! I'm working through Ocean Alchemy online courses and did several watercolor rock paintings which took some time but I enjoyed it.
    The bee book is very cool- especially with the dimensional drips. That is a lovely photo from the magazine and I'll be interested in seeing where the inspiration takes you. Stay cool, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must have a lot of patience and great endurance for painting all those rocks. But it really put depth to the fish painting. The bee journal looks amazing but also like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hot here, i am moving like molasses in December. I have been out twice today watering my herbs. I can hear them screaming for water, even up here in my office. Yesterday was 107 F with a heat index of 113 F. I think I'll send Iris my weather because I want 60 F all year long. I can tell your husband loves his game because I got sick outside in the heat yesterday while working in my front flower bed.

    I am in awe of your fish painting. Yes, I can see the shading. It gives the rocks dimension. I am also in awe of that bee book. I live the idea of interactive pages. This is going to be wonderful.

    Even though I have created some tiny books lately, my real choice of altered books is to work big. Bigger the better, in fact. I know this new and beautiful journal is going to work well for you. I also love the lady. I think it's because she is timeless. That could have been from the early 1900s up to yesterday. That's why I like her. I know you will do her brilliantly.

    Thanks for sharing your fish painting, the bee book, your new journal, your husband's golf obsession, and your iced drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fish painting and yes, it is quite evident that you shaded the rocks. Your bee book looks like a winner! So much fun. I really need to get back to doing some art journal pages but right now I'm busy gardening (mostly watering thanks to having no rain) and working on a quilt for a wedding gift for my grandson and future bride. I started one, didn't love it, so started another. Hubby just rolls his eyes and ignores me. Wow, golf at 105F, no thanks. Great picture of him though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post! You have been busy and SO patient to paint all those fish and rocks. I love it!! A beautiful painting.
    Your bee journal is looking great and I think it is great that you finally broke your beautiful journal in. The first page is always the hardest but swatching is a great start. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I do so like your rocks Deb. They came out fantastic and have lots of depth. And that's a nice journal too. But I am especially fond of your bee book. I've been collecting bits to make one myself. And your husband must be a die hard golfer to go out and golf in that heat. I saw on the news that there is a lot of hot weather in much of the country. We've heated up a bit too, but not that hot (at least so far). I hope you had a wonderful T day Deb. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

  15. Both the fish and the bees are wonderful. As for hoarding the sketch book and paints, you sound just like me! I get something really nice and then I don't want to ruin it! LOL My husband played golf until his shoulder wouldn't let him. He loved it! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that fish painting is so beautiful. Of course I can see the rocks are shaded! You are doing a great job there. What are you going to do with the brown layers?
    Oh your Sweetiepie is a golfer! I have a sister who is a golfer (and I don't care for it). Do you golf or are you being caddie?
    'm admiring you bee book. It is amazing. Your Russian lady is going tobe amazing too. Watch this space!
    I'm glad you started your empty album. Use it or lose it! Keep us posted.
    A Belated happy T-Day to you,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes! I can see that you shaded the rocks!
    Your bee journal is so fun! I like the shiny drips of honey.
    So glad you got brave with that gorgeous journal! I hope you are successful with being a looser painter. I've been trying for years--LOL!
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete