Monday, August 8, 2022

T Stands for Out of Pocket.....

 

I'm afraid i had a choice last Tuesday to party with all you lovely people OR drive my husband around in a golf cart for three hours in 100 degree F temperatures... ahhhh.. when your in love you make foolish decisions... lol ! But i missed all my Tparty friends.. Prepare yourself for a rather long , picture heavy and what i hope is word light post... Above is a favorite drink this Summer.. 


I was thrilled to hear we are sharing our ATC's this week!!  I made 4... One to my swap partner Sharon, one to Elizabeth and one to Kathy on the Lake.. Oh and one to keep!  I so wish more people had joined the swap! I don't normally do ATC's  , too small for me, but its fun to do for this one event every year. 

My swap partner sent  me a wonderful ATC in a beautiful card. I love the tea bag and spoon she glued onto it.. just perfect to celebrate T! Thank you Sharon! I LOVE it!


Progress happens on the Fish Painting... Besides the spirals it now has an official name.. 'Eyes with Fish' lol! 


I've been making maps this week.. My granddaughter has fallen in love with 'Dora the Explorer'. A cartoon for those that don't know.. So i've tried my hand at making her some maps.. Above is a map to Lake Tahoe, complete with gold in the Lake.. and a magnifying glass to help her find her way... 


I made her 3 gold glitter pieces to play with... 


           And a Ladybug piece and a compass


A map to go to the Beach! With little crab pieces to play with.. 


Not the best photo but you can see all the pieces have a coat of Glossy Accents on them so the glitter will stay put.. 


I also made my granddaughter a watermelon PostCard.. and i enjoyed it so much i made 2 more to send out! Super simple and the key word was FUN! 


Valerie !  I hope you made it all the way to the end... I wanted to show you where your little card to me ended up! Look close! 


CLOSER!!... Do you see it??  Thank you so much for your beautiful card! Happy T day everyone! Not sure what all is going on this Tuesday but i should not be going to golf!  So i will be around to visit everyone! Take care and have a great week!! Hugs! deb
PS.. Divers i wanted to let you know that i tried to go to your post but it popped up as a 'dangerous website blocked'???  Just wanted to be sure to let you know.. 



14 comments:

  1. I love what you are making for your grand-daughter, such lovely ideas! I'm sure she loves it and probably will soon start making some herself (if she isn't already doing so).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Deb, Very fun post-enjoyed all the photos, and I love the maps and play pieces you made for your grand daughter-I can imagine all the fun she is having with those. Nice atc's wow only three that was a small turn out this year-I don't make things that small either usually-perhaps I will try next year for the T swap. Loved the ones you received.
    100 degrees golfing-I can't even imagine that-hugs
    Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post, lovel to see that I am 'hanging' there, too - thanks, I feel honoured! Love the game you made for your granddaughter. I didn't take part in the swap, but perhaps next time. And I love your eye fish, so clever! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always do the ATC swap but for some reason this year time and art making just don't seem to be in big supply. (Of course time is always time, but time for art making is what I meant). Your ATC is adorable. And you are a wonderful wife and deserve a crown for driving your husband around in a golf cart in that heat. I am loving your maps too. You and granddaughter must be having a lot of fun. You must also be having fun making those maps. Have a great T day Deb and week ahead And watch out for heat stroke in that golf cart. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those maps are genius. I am in awe. I love how you created the pieces that move along the map trails, too. Very clever.

    Don't worry about sharing your ATCs. I showed the one you sent me, so it was only fair you shared the ones you made. Jo and I will wait, or maybe we should also share our ATCs next week, too. I think this has been a really sad swap because we have to wait so long on napkins that should have been in my hands long before some were even on their way. We will correct that next year, I PROMISE. And please don't be upset that you shared yours and Sharon's. NO ONE will feel any less for you doing it.

    Glad you named the fish painting. It is a true beauty.

    Thanks for sharing your completed painting, your walls of art, your adorable maps, and your Coke with us for T this Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to mention, I get that same notice on some blogs I visit. I go to my left sidebar and click open their post. It opens perfectly from there. Never had problems with Divers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a amazing post, there is so much to smile about! I'm loving all your artwork and that ATC with the little mouse in the teacup is so super cute - perfect for T Day 😊. You received some gorgeous happy mail too! Wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that your Granddaughter has inspired you to create certain things. I love your map, handmade coins and the watermelon postcard.
    I have been getting into maps lately and have found so many wonderful books for inspiration. It is amazing how unique they can be.
    Adorable ATC.
    Happy Tea day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy T-day ! I love the map you have created for your grand-daughter, she will enjoy it I´m sure.
    Lovely ATC and wonderful watermelon postcard.
    I wish you a great afternoon,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun in this post. The ATC you made is adorable and the ATC you received is so twee. Eyes with Fish, love the colors. You are an awesome grandma to make such fun things for your granddaughter. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post! I loved every bit of it.
    You are certainly going to town with the maps for your granddaughter. They are really fun. I'm sure she'll love them.
    Your Fish-with-eyes painting is coming along too.
    The ATCs are gorgeous. I only made two, one for Elizabeth and one for Jo.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Keep smiling,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous art Deb! Love those fish eyes. You made me glad my hubby doesn't play golf, belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your watermelon postcards! There is a challenge this month to use a map on art journal pages and I wish I'd thought of Dora the Explorer! So sorry, RL got in the way, and I am terribly late. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little grandgirls are so much fun! She will enjoy your maps.

    ReplyDelete