Monday, September 26, 2022

T stands for.... Missed a Week...

 

As often happens when i miss a week of T i get bogged down with things to share... So please bear with me if i'am a little picture heavy.. I finally refinished that wooden circle thingy to put by the front door.. 


I found it at Hobby Lobby for half price.. but the colors were all wrong.. The tree was stainless steel silver... and the wood was old rustic barn wood.. Now alot of people like that i'm just not one of them.. lol  So i painted the tree a bronze color and stained the wood to more match my door..  Then applied an outdoor clear coat.. 

Hubby completed his own household chore.. He installed all the knobs and handles on ALL the cabinetry in the house.. kitchen and baths..  He did such a good job.. He did them in our last house too.. He found a little gadget at a store called Harbor Freight here in the US.  Works like a charm.. 


We had another trip to the ranch  and with a little feed in my hand i made a friend.. 


A while ago hubby bought a handgun for the house.. I don't mind having a gun in the house . I don't have any little kids around. 99% of the time its juts hubby and i..   But  it makes no sense having a gun in the house if i don't know how to use it.. So we worked on that this past week.. Good place to practice out at the ranch.. We didn't practice too much because ammo is expensive but i DID hit the bullseye twice!! 


         Its a 9mm for anyone who wants to know.. 

I painted a ceramic dragon! I don't think its quite finished.. I want to darken the body a little leaving some brighter silver areas... Otherwise i like it.. I think its suppose to come with glass eyes or something.. But i have no idea where to get them.. I may just try to make some air dry clay eyes.. 


There's been lots of golfing going on... I wish i could say i was improving.. But i feel rather stagnant... I'm a pretty good putter.. i can often get it in the hole.. But the tee off at the beginning.. Well mine is usually a dud... But i'll keep trying.. I enjoy being out there with hubs.. AND it should start to cool off soon!! Woo hoo!! 


I took my drawing of 5 'tribal women' and turned it into 10 with the help of the scanner/printer.. I like this black and white drawing.. 


Sketches do not always translate well to paintings.. As is the case here i'm afraid.. Granted all the gems are not glued on yet in this photo.. I call these women 'Keepers of the Stars'... I gave them mirrors for faces so you can look in and see your face.. So anyone can be a 'keeper'.. I used the cheap paint and i ended up not thrilled with the color..  My Husband...sigh..( i can always count on him to be brutally honest) calls them Hotdogs... He says they remind him of hotdogs.. and now when i look at it thats all i can see..HotDogs .. Back to the drawing board.. i may try to use colored pencil on paper for this idea... stay tuned.. 

Sketching out an idea for another canvas... this one of Koi and lillypads and flowers... 


Speaking of which there has been a trip to the waterlily ponds here lately.. Maybe next week i'll make the whole post about the lilies.. Goodness knows i have enough photos!! 

 i have more photos to share.. but i think i'll save that for another time.. I hope you enjoyed catching up!! I'll be around to visit my friends!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb


14 comments:

  1. Wow Deb, nice post. The house looks good, the horse is fed and a very nice Rugar. You are right, if you have a gun everyone in the house needs to be educated on how to use, how to clean it and the safety. I am a crack shot and have been in completions. I am so glad to see you practicing. Your tribal women art is very lovely. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I had a lot to comment on, but don't know if I can remember it all. Love that little dragon, and that round tree thingy you did for the house. Beautiful job on both, Deb. Sweet horsey. I hubby has put knobs on cabinets at our different homes too. Love handy husbands! Great drawings: you are talented in many different arts. Golfing. Tried it, and I was terrible. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you definitely improved the tree thingy from the sounds of it. It looks great next to your door. And I definitely don't see hotdogs. I think this will be a great piece when you complete it. I like your new friend too. And I hope next week we get to see water lilies. The purple color is very pretty. Have a happy T day and great week too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I am inspired by you learning to shoot. I have a gun and all the gun accessories but have never shot it. I need to bite the bullet (lol) and learn. We live out in the country so I really have no excuse not to. I need something to kill snakes with because right now my only defense is to not go out to far from the house so I can avoid them altogether. A few months ago a rattlesnake came up to the front door bushes though.....

    Love your altered and original art. The tribal women are cool, but now I see hot dogs too even though they don't look like hot dogs. Funny how things get stuck in your head. I am thinking you could add something like feet or more color to get the hot dogs out of your mind, but even without it, they are very cool.

    So fab that you golf with your hubby too. Impressive.

    Lovely post and happy t-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Deb, This is an awesome catch up post-I enjoyed everything.
    I love your house doors-so pretty, I like how you redid the tree oval piece, I don't think I would have cared for the color before but I do love barnwood frames.
    Your tribal women piece is really cool-loving the idea of the little mirrors for the faces-now that you mentioned it haha I now see hot dog buns, haha, I like the suggestion of perhaps changing the color a bit if you care to change anything.
    I am looking forward to your lily painting and photos.
    Larry has been a gunsmith and also repairs scopes, when we were hunting deer and turkey for meat I wanted a black powder rifle so I know how to shoot that. I wanted to learn how to shoot a handgun as we have open carry here-but I decided against it as I thought I would be too hasty to shoot. good to learn how to though in an emergency. I don't have a place to practice here at the lake now.
    good times with your husband learning to golf-all that matters is if you enjoy in and can spend time together.
    Hugs from the lake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post seeing all the catching up. We love Harbor Freight. The dragon is awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing him finished. I like your Tribal Women/Keepers of the Stars and then your husband's comments about them looking like hotdogs and, sorry, I can't unsee the hotdogs. Have fun at your drawing board. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your husband was a bit harsh in saying your tribal women look like hotdogs. I still don't see hotdogs - maybe because I don't like hotdogs? It's a good idea to learn how to shoot if you have a gun in the house. So far I have never felt the urge to own a gun and I hope I never will. Even as self-defense I'm sure I would do something stupid that I would regret for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, hello Deb! I have caught up on all your posts and you are always doing such creative projects! I do love the tree by your door...and your gorgeous door, for that matter. Pretty handles on the cabinets. I like the doors hubby made for the workshop and all your bee art. You finished the fish painting! I love the ladies and do not see hot dogs even when suggested. Would totally pass on anything to do with guns, though. Tried golfing and was horrible at it. Golf courses are usually beautiful places to wander, though. ;) Sorry I have had such a hard time switching my following habits. I hope to improve. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm fixated on your lily pad flower. Beautiful! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tree circles in your hallway look so amazing, I love how you transformed them 😊. The horse friend you made is so adorable and wow, that water lily is stunning, the colour is amazing! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have SO many wonderful projects going on. I am very impressed with how you take an item and change it up to suit your needs. I love the changes you made to the tree decor. I am with you, I am not into farmhouse. And the dragon is fabulous. I hope you are able to find some glass eyes. Maybe marbles or would they be too big?
    Your tribal ladies painting is great even though it didn't turn out to your liking. The water lilies are beautiful and my favorite flower. Looking forward to your post in them.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a great post! Lots to see. I love your round tree thingy. And the dragon is awesome. Perhaps you can find some beads to stick in as eyes.
    How wonderful to have a handy (and willing) husband. I have one too and I treasure him!
    Living in Europe we don't have guns. Because I live rurally, some people who are in the hunting club have rifles, but it's not easy to get a permit.
    Your tribal ladies are great. I like them in black and white but hot dogs? No, I don't see that at all.
    Great that you play golf. Keep at it. My sister is an enthusiastic golfer and plays competitions. (Don't ask me what her handicap is as I don't have a clue). Golfing is not for me. I don't think we have any golfcourses near here. That is something they do on the coast.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow lots to see this week, you have been busy. I wish you hadn't mentioned hotdogs because now I see it too lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a busy week you have had. I like how you altered that circle and tree by your front door. Wish we had Hobby Lobby here. We only have Michaels and it sucks! No Tim Holtz products; no Distress inks at all; and last week I stopped in and they had NO STAMPS! Who ever heard of a craft store with no stamps; none!
    Darn honest art critic hubbies, yup, all I see are hot dogs now too. I have no doubt you will come up with an improvement.

    ReplyDelete