Tuesday, October 18, 2022

T stands for..... A finished project

 

I'am so sorry i'am running late to post ... but hopefully some of  T Ladies will catch my post! 
This is a project i thought of last year when i found these meditating skeletons on sale just after Halloween.. I bought 4.. Figured i'd keep one.. gift one then maybe find a way to sell the other two.. 

Then my daughter bought two.. changed her mind.. So i ended up with 6! So the project got bigger.. I painted the skeletons , 2 each color  ~ Hubby helped me with the wood base.. i stained it... There's a little carved out place where the candle holder sits..  AND what i find so neat is it holds my pen or paint brush and even cell phone if i want to watch something on YouTube etc.. I will probably use it all year round.. I put them on Facebook Neighborhood Market and CraigsList.. but so far nobody wants one..  Ah well... I love them and think they turned out great.. and will look great around the house on Halloween.. !


My fish painting is finally up on the wall in the Master Bath.!! Love how the brown matches the decor..  After being moved from CA to AR to TX the canvas had developed a warp. So very glad hubby was able to straighten that out for the most part... 


And last but not least lunch at the Golden Corral.


 Hubby has had an echo Cardiogram.. but have not heard any results.. Next Monday he has a heart cath.. Last time he had a heart cath he ended up with a quadruple bypass.. Truth be told... trying not to freak out here.. Its a very helpless feeling.. I hope everyone is having a good week.. I have a trip to Fredericksburg to show you some pics... I even remember to take a pic of the food and drink!! I'll be around to visit!! Hugs! deb

13 comments:

  1. I am loving those skeleton candle holders. What a great eye you have to see things after the season and think of something to do with them. And remember you bought them-which would be my problem. and hurrah the painting got straightened out. It does look perfect with the brown. Good luck with heart catheterization. I hope everything goes well with the hubby. And happy T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those skeletons, such fun. Keep them! Your fish painting looks fabulous in the bathroom. All the best for your hubby and his heart catheter.Happy T day, BIG hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skeleton. You are so clever. The fish eye painting is perfect for bathroom décor. I love it. I keep seeing ads on tv for Golden Corral. So many food choices! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh you are so right I love this! I am surprised they didn't sell. What do you charge for them? I personally would keep them and make a circle alter with them. LOL Your fish painting is just amazing. You are so very talented. Have the best day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your hubby is ok, it must be hard not to freak out given what happened last time. Sending you both healing and calming thoughts 😊. Loving your finished painting, the colours and design are so beautiful and the Halloween decoration that you created with your hubby is super cool. Take care and happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fish painting in the bathroom, perfect place for it. The meditating skeletons make me think they've been fasting too long but they look good. Hope everything goes well with your husband. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems I'm even later than you, dear Deb. I think your skeleton is great and I am surprised they didn't sell. Not the right audience apparently.

    Your fish eye painting goes quite well in your bath. I think the colors are perfect and it goes well there. You would never know it had been warped.

    So sorry to read about your husband. I know nothing about heart catheters, but I would be freaking, too. I hope all turns out well. In the meantime, he is in my thoughts and prayers, dear Deb.

    Our Golden Corral is for special occasions. Looks like you had a great lunch, at least a great salad. I love sunflower seeds and it looks like these were on your salad. Nice to go with tea, too. Thanks for sharing your skeleton, your finished art, and your visit to Golden Corral with your iced tea for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to see a kind of cute, contemplative skeleton. The fish seem perfect for
    a bathroom. I hope all goes well with hubby. Please let us know. He'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for your husband and you too-hugs. I agree with the others that mentioned you have a good eye for things and how to change them up a bit. I am surprised too they didn't sell, fb marketplace is usually a good place to sell things too. I really love your hung your fish painting-it's perfect. Lunch looks good-Happy Tuesday-hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny, Deb, because we went to Golden Corral last week, too. It was first time since before covid. I pray for great reports for your hubby. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nobody wants such a cutie?! Our Henry-skeleton is shocked!
    Love your fish painting - it sure looks very impressive on the wall.
    The food looks great. And all the very, very best wishes to your hubby. Big hugs.
    My Mum used to say you need to think positive. It will help. It did. (Maybe the docs were just great, but who knows..)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I happen to love your meditating Skelton. Cool! And your fish painting looks awesome and looks great as a bathroom accent! Hope hubby gets good results. Sending prayers and a cyber hug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A meditating skeleton - what fun and a truly clever idea. Your fish painting looks great on the wall! Please try not to freak out - my BIL has had two ops and has had med changes numerous times but he has been out getting wood ready for the Winter recently and says he's feeling great. Will be praying for you both, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete