Monday, October 10, 2022

T stands for .....No More Hotdogs....

 

Ahhh... the hotdogs... remember them? Many of you agreed with my hubby about seeing hotdogs.. One thing i have learned for sure... you have to have thick skin to show your creations to anyone.. online or in person.. And over the years i have developed just that.. I have learned that i have to create my art for me... not to please others.. My husband's opinion still matters to me but his dislike of something i make is not as soul crushing as it used to be.. 


In this instance i was not happy with the color of the first painting either.. And i had to agree it was too 'hotdogish' for me.. although i like the design... So many things happened in the process of making this painting .. it almost made itself.. You'll notice in the hotdog pic the faces are mirrors.. Well when i decided to repaint it, everything already had a clear coat.. 


So when i repainted it i needed to respray it with a clear coat.. well... I taped on a piece of paper to the mirrors ... well... the spray got up under there anyway and messed up the mirrors... sigh.. so not giving up! 


So i used glitter glue to cover the mirrors and put a layer of  that glossy accents i like so much to give it a nice finish.. and what do you know i like it better than the mirrors.. 


The light blue is a color shifting paint that will change slightly as you look at it from different angels..  The pattern on the women comes from the base layer which is strips of paper from junk mail that i glued on the canvas .. I just followed it with the paint.. All in all i like how the blue one turned out.. I definitely like the color better.. 


I got the Koi drawing traced onto canvas... We'll see how this goes... lol 


If you made it this far.. We've also been to the carwash this week... played some nightgolf with glow in the dark balls, which was really fun.. 


Taught myself how to crochet again after many many years.. with YouTube's help. Making my granddaughter a blanket for her second Birthday.. I started a little late but she's little.. doesn't have to be very big.. lol A blanket and a baby doll... OH! The yarn is made from recycled plastic bottles!!  Guess it wasn't selling.. Original price was $9 a skein.. i paid $2!! Cross your fingers ..... I have until mid Nov.. Thanks so much for catching up with me.. 

Some of you may know about 3 years ago hubby went through Quadruple Heart Bypass surgery.. and he had other complications but he's had a wonderful 3 years since the operation.. For the last month he's been having some trouble.. This past week found us in the Emergency Room.. And he is scheduled for a Cardiology visit this week.. It has us both on pins and needles.. Who knows what this will mean.. I think the past 3 years lulled us into false sense of security about it.. I was on edge for the longest time after the operation.. i hate feeling that way again.. but its our reality.. we just managed to forget about it for awhile.. So depending on what goes on this week i may or may not be around.. Send good thoughts! Much love! Happy T day!  Deb






16 comments:

  1. I will definitely send good thoughts. My husband had a quadruple by-pass back in the fall 2016. It was very scary, so I know what you mean. Hopefully all will turn out well for you both. And I like those dancing and swaying women. I don't see hotdogs at all. I know what you mean about having to develop thick art skin. I'm better at it now too, but it can still be hard sometimes. Sounds like you've had a good week, and I hope you have a great T day too Deb. Happy T day, and since I'l filling in for Elizabeth this week, thanks for joining us with insomnia mug! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color changes you made. The blue looks lovely with the background.
    2$ a skein is a great price. I have so much yarn but I am not in the mood to knit. It has been 7 years.
    Sorry to hear that your hubby is having issues. Waiting and not knowing can be so stressful.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Deb, I really loved your color change too! and I also like the faces too.
    we are a bit on pins and needles too with Larry, Long drive now to Springfield mo to his cardiac doctor. we go monday for the echo and right after visit with his doctor. He tires so fast now, so I am on pins and needles too. Prayers for you both-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! Ingo went through all my sketches and sorted them!!
    Nice when our hubbies show interest in our hobbies!

    These guys are too cute!!!! So well and steadily painted! Did I mention cute?
    Blue is great, too.
    My last hotdog I had from IKEA. I got sick (How good can quality be if it costs €1!).
    .... nightgolf with glow in the dark balls sounds fun!
    And youtube is great - what did we do before internet?

    I am very sorry you have a sick hubby, too. Here we had save times, for a while. Wait, let me knock on wood.

    Best wishes from here!! Happy T-day and some hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you and your hubster in my thoughts. You can't go wrong with blue. I enjoyed the process of you fixing your painting. Your carwash photo made me smile. I love taking photos in the carwash. The baby blanket will look so sweet when its finished. Take care. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Deb, I actually like your art. I do like the blue better too. I also agree with you that my art is mine. Yes, it is nice when others appreciate what I have created but when it comes down to it I create for me. I spent my entire adult life creating what other's like to make the sale/living. Yes, getting back into crocheting that's great! I enjoy it so much. I am sorry about your husband. Sending healing energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all your family health problems are soon resolved and everyone goes back to normal!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue looks good, doesn't it. Sending positive vibes and good thoughts for your husband, hope it's good news. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art is amazing and don't let anyone tell your different, the detail and thought you put into your stunning pieces is wonderful 😊. Sorry to hear about your hubby's health problems and sending healing and calming thoughts your way. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Understandably you are a bit on the edge - I wish all the best for your husband and for you as well, of course. It's always an anxious time when there are health issues coming up. - Your women turned out beautifully, it's like a completely different painting and I like it very much. I can only second that you should make art for yourself, not to please others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new colours. I have tried to crochet, others have tried to teach me but I just don't have enough patience. Sorry t hear about hubby. I think heart problems are always some sort of problem.Hopefuly they will be easy sorted by he experts. Will be thinking of you both, hugs, Chrisx Happy T Day too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, sending good thoughts. I pray for good reports. I love the blues you used in your project. Happy t Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Health scares are just that, scary. Praying for good reports and that it is nothing major to deal with. And I agree, the blue ladies are much more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blue! The design is intriguing too. Stopped over from Weaver's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely prayers for your sweet hubby!
    I do really like this blue version with the sparkle, blank faces much better--and I liked the first version--LOL!
    Be thinking of you both!

    ReplyDelete