Monday, November 21, 2022

T stands for Happy Mail........ But First...

 

... let's update the Koi painting... Here it is with 3 coats of gesso and 4 ( i think) coats of white on the fish and everything outlined with a paint pen.. 


I don't know if you can tell... but then i coated the fish with 2 coats of white pearl paint.. I had to learn that you really can't brush that pearl on( it leaves streaks) i had to add just a little water (not too much or you dull the pearl.. ask me how i know) so you can flood the pearl on .... 

And now i'am doing the outlining in Gold.. I found a handy dandy way of doing that. But i'll show you next week.. This may look tedious but i'm really enjoying this part..(while watching old Sherlock Holmes movies.. the ones with Basil Rathbone ) I like detail so this makes my heart sing... 


Speaking of heart singing.. Happy Mail does that to me too.. :)  This is from our Kathy on the Lake.. This is a pic she took herself and turned into a card.. 

And inside was a lovely handmade Thanksgiving booklet. Thank you so much Kathy! You made my day! 


And then CJ remembered me for Halloween! 


                  Aaaawww.....  thank you CJ!!! 


     CJ also sent me a wonderful Thank You card! But that will need a post all its own!  
Forgive me , my recycled drink photo... and i'll be around to visit everyone at Elizabeth's T party on Tuesday!! Hugs! deb





16 comments:

  1. Hi Deb I am loving your fish painting! and thanks for sharing a photo as I totally forgot to take photos-they were all a bit different. Great mail from CJ and I love your bee mug too Happy T hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that gold outlining Deb. The gold looks great, and I like the detail it adds. You've had some lovely happy mail too. I'd say you had a good week Deb. I really like that bee mug too. It's beeautiful-ha ha. Seriously, I love bees. Have a happy T day, great week ahead and Thanksgiving also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mail! Happy Mail always makes ones day.
    Love your koi painting. The gold outline looks great!
    Happy Thanksgiving and Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art work is really coming together!

    Have a good week.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, I love your koi painting. Happy T Day & Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The koi painting is turning out so cool. Thanks for sharing your process. Lovely card/booklet from Kathy. I'm so glad the Halloween card and the thank you card arrived. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your painting is... wonderful!
    And oh, the happy mail! And Charlotte is right there, too.
    Now that´s a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your koi painting is coming along!!
    All the happy mail is such a joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fish painting is out of this world, LOVE it! And your happy mail is gorgeous enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The koi painting is beautiful. And I really like the gold lines around.
    You have had lots of happy mail! I understand the joy of receiving old fashioned mail.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb. I really like the pearl paint in the fish. Brilliant idea. So much wonderful mail. Your posts always bring joy. Thank you. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your koi fish painting reallyhas turned into something! And you got some lovely mail. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your koi painting is amazing! I love the gold you added, and your eye for detail is so wonderful - perfect 😊. Such wonderful happy mail too, receiving those would really make me smile! I'm loving your bee mug too, it's a lovely design - Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My sincere apology for taking so long to visit. I finally realized I HAD to drag myself out of bed and see what you had offered for T this week. I'm definitely not a very good host, but I want you to know I greatly appreciate your visit and for linking this week.

    Your koi painting is really coming along nicely, Deb. That gold is amazing. Nice you got happy mail. Really lovely and great gift from CJ, too. Happy T Day and happy Thanksgiving, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving Deb and hubby! The koi fish painting is coming along just fine. You cannot rush art some days.... most days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still looking after sick kitties, so I'm very late to the party. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete