Monday, November 28, 2022

T stands for... A little less talk and alot more pictures...

 

Hubs and i were 'down on the Ranch' all day today.. cutting mesquite trees and then 18 holes of golf... So my day started early... On the way South to the Ranch we saw a murmuration of Starlings.. you know that twist and turn and swoop and swirl  across the sky.. I haven't seen one in a long time. They are fascinating! Almost pulled off the side of the rode just to watch them..  Above is the latest sketch in the ArtJournal.. 


Hubby made himself some Guacamole and i stole the pit! Lets see if i can get it to grow.. :)  


Remember the 'Keepers of the Stars'?  I made some cards from the image too..


And when i'm not outlining the Koi painting in Gold I've been working on this little 12'X 12' painting of a bench and flower pot.. Trying my best to get some perspective... Trying to make the pot and bench stand out more (therefor seem closer) and the rock wall and flowers not stand out as much ( and theoretically fade to the background) Not working yet but i'm keeping at it.. lol 


My wonderful Thank You card from CJ was just chock full of goodies.. 


I hardly know where to begin or end... Buttons..  


All of it was much, much appreciated and a delight to receive.. 


                               Paper... 


                                 Tags!!


             Washi Tape! Thank you so much CJ!


And last but not least my ticket to the party.. A recycled photo.... again... sorry.. I'll soon take some Christmas mug vignettes ... I hope you had a great week and an even better week to come.. I'll be around to visit!!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb



15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week. You can't go wrong with happy mail, especially happy mail that contains lots of fun snippets. Nor can you go wrong with art either. Life sounds like all is well. I haven't seen a murmuration of starlings in a long long time. You were lucky to see that one. Have a great T day Deb and rest of November. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art - you have been busy. I do like the "keepers of the stars" very much and you turned them into something very beautiful. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely journal page! The cards you made from your wild haired ladies are the bomb! Your bench piece looks great to me. Happy mail is the best!! Hope your avocado pit sprouts. Have a super day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bees will be here tomorrow, too.
    My avocado-pip gave up. It´s too cold here - good luck with yours!!
    Love the 'Keepers of the Stars', so cute.
    Beautiful bench/flower pic, oh, can´t wait till we can enjoy sitting outside again.
    Hehe, I have one such "button" left, too. From bread in Australia ... here we don´t have those.
    Ohhh, the cats! Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art again, love your cards and painting. Those 'buttons' are on nearly every package of bread or other things here, and it's always very difficult for me to get them off! Lovely presents from CJ, enjoy. Have a happy T day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paintings are delightful. I'm glad you liked the bits and bobs to thank you for sending me Skelly Zen. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bee page, your cards from your fun painting, and your current work (super pretty!). Wishing you sucess with the avocado. You have been very busy!!! Great presents from CJ!!! Fun post, Deb. Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, I love your bees art journal page, and the keeper of the stars cards. good luck with avocado-some will grow into huge plants. I am in awe of your park bench painting-that is amazing! awesome some slow mail from CJ-enjoy hugs and Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Deb what a beautiful post. You are so talented. I love you art work. I hope you avacado pit takes off. You are always so busy and I love reading about the things you do. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good week. I've tried avocado pits in the past. They were sooo slow lol Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your bee journal page. It is going to be fabulous when it's finished. Nice park bench, too. I like it already. And of course, Keepers of the Stars turned out great as greeting cards. Colorful, too.

    I hope your avocado takes root. I've had some that do and most do not. Good luck with yours.

    You got some incredibly happy mail. What a thoughtful thank you gift. Love the washi tape especially.

    It's OK to recycle a mug, and I am thrilled you did so you could share your lovely cards, art, and happy mail with us for T this Tuesday. I also appreciate all the wonderful comments you ave left this month, too, dear.



    ReplyDelete
  12. What a busy week you've had, loving your bee journal page and I hope you show it again when you've coloured with the amazing detail that you create 😊. I can't wait to see your progress on your koi painting too. Thanks for your comments on my blog and in answer to your question, I LOVE the Kuretake watercolours; the colours are so vibrant, they are a pleasure to use and the paints go a long way - I would highly recommend them and I have the metallic set on my wish list 😊. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your paintings are amazing, especially that bench scene. Such a great idea to make cards from one of your images.
    Lovely gifts, the Arches especially wonderful. I hoard Arches.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you know I'm a HUGE fan of your artwork. Love the gold on the koi! And what a nice idea to turn some of your artwork into cards. I turn some of my photos of birds and nature into cards too. People seem to like them. We see the murmuration of starlings quite often here in Ontario....never get tired of seeing it.
    Just curious - What do you do with the mesquite?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can never get my avocado pits to grow, I hope you do better. Love your cards and the washi tape. Still looking after sick kitties, so I'm very late to the party. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete