Tuesday, December 13, 2022

T stands for........... Koi Update

 

Good Morning T friends!!!  Ooops let me check... yep.. yep.. its still morning.. at least in my neck of the woods.. I'm sorry to be so late for all those that live overseas.. I hope you'll visit anyway!  Above is an update on the Koi painting.. I imagine its all beginning to look the same to you as all i'am doing now is adding detail... 


Lots of penwork that you really can't see unless your up close and personal.. The details though are dear to my heart.. I think that comes from my love of sketching /drawing.. Painting is really a new adventure.. 

My pens really don't like to go over the paint... its a struggle... but i put a movie on , cup of coffee.. settle in  and just go nice and slow.. and remind myself when it all comes together in the end it will be beautiful.. 


The weather here has been gorgeous for December.. 70's F and 50'sF at night.. my heater hasn't come on for days... which is good for the heating bill.. So not complaining.. but looks like Mother Nature will remind us its Winter this next week.. I just wish she'd give me a white Christmas.. highly unlikely in TX.. 


Above you can see what it looks like without the penwork.. The pen gives me back some of the detail i lose with just gold.. tedious but worth it i think..  And if you've read this far i'll leave you with some good news... Yesterday i took several  of my pieces to a shop that sells on consignment! The lady picked 4 pieces! Its a little shop in an out of the way location.. she doesn't see much traffic flow BUT  its really not about that.. Oh i'd LOVE to sell something but really its about me taking the plunge and putting my stuff out there.. We were to meet at 11am and all morning my inner voice was trying to talk me out of going... but i didn't listen and went anyway..  So i think thats a win/win!! Happy T day and i'll be around to visit everyone today!! Hugs! deb

13 comments:

  1. Good morning, it is cold and rainy here. I love your painting Deb-it's really lovely. and congrats to you for putting some of your art on consignment-love that Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding the detail makes all the difference. And congratulations on putting your work on consignment. Keep us in the loop about that.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your koi painting is so beautiful and I love how you add so much detail, it makes your art truly special 😊. How exciting to be selling some of your art, I would want to buy it if I saw it in a shop! That's a lovely mug too, the wording is perfecf. Take care and sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he is doing ok and not in too much pain, what a shock that must have been! Take care and sending healing wishes! Big hugs Jo x

      Delete
  4. The gold adds amazing beauty to this koi piece I think. It feels much more like an Asian piece with the gold. Thanks for sharing it with us. Enjoy your nice weather. Big snow is predicted in my area at the end of the week. Hope it was a great T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely!!
    I hope all your pieces sell. They should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can have the white Christmas, I'll take your 70 oF temps. The colors in your painting are striking and I can't wait to see it finished. Congrats on putting your work "out there." It's scary and exciting at the same time. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. This painting is gorgeous! I know what you mean, putting oneself out there is sometimes the hardest. I hope your pieces do well.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you luck with the endeavor of offering your art for sale. I can see how challenging it must be to try that … courage!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't have to tell me. I know I'm late visiting. The good news is, all my tip-ins except one are in the mail. The bad news is, there are NO handmade Christmas cards this year. You get what you get!

    That black pen really brings out the gold. I didn't notice until you showed what you hadn't already outlined. Details are definitely important.

    Congratulations on putting your art out there. I am too afraid 'm not good enough and I see flaws in everything I make. I'm proud of you, Deb.

    Thank you again for the card. Soon it will live in my main floor bath, along with other beautiful cardinals.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely koi and your news, as well as your over the moon mug with us for T this week, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are putting your art out there! I'm sure they will sell quickly. The pen work makes a huge difference. That takes patience that you keep telling me you don't have - you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly becoming a stunning piece of art. Congratulations on getting your art out there. How is your husband? What a bad accident. Hope he is healing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fish painting is fairly coming along, I love your mug. Sorry for my lateness, have a sick kitty. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete