Monday, January 2, 2023

T stands for..... Happy 1st T Party of the Year!!

 

I'm going to start the New Year off right by  #1 not being late to the Party and #2 by offering up a new , hot off the press drink photo... Hubs and i love Korean Bulgogi... with Kimchi... and i'm not sure what that salad dressing is they use but as you can see i've gobbled it all up already! Yum.. and just to the left is our drinks and just like the glass says.. we both had Coke...in all its full sugar glory.. a real treat for us.. 


                  A Quick Update on the Amaryllis 

They seem very happy with a little light, water and love... The one with the flower is Arabian Night.. I don't think the other two will give me a flower this year.. Maybe in the Spring.. Amaryllis that are not forced often bloom in Spring.. 


And now i finished a couple projects and i'm dying to show you.. Remember the above photo?? Well that was just the start.. The three Snowmen are ornaments made out of resin i think that i LOVE but are just too heavy for my tree.. So i had hubby cut me a circle of wood and then he helped me fasten them to the wood with heavy duty staples that you hammer in.. A little glue and they were sturdy.. 


Years ago ... when i worked at a Home Improvment Store for 15 years a shower door shattered and ofcourse i thought to  myself .. 'how cool!!!'.. Surely i could use that glass some day..lol  those of you who know me are chuckling.. :).. 


Well many years later i finally did..lol I also added a little 3 inch mirror to the center.. I was amazed how much the glass looked just like ice.. 


Several years ago i bought some Christmas balls on an After Christmas sale. You know the kind.. they look like little disco balls covered in mirror tiles.. Well i spent a few evenings in front of the TV peeling off the tiles .. saying to myself i KNOW i will find a use for these one day..lol..  Well as you'll see i did... 


But first let me introduce you to a product, if you don't know of it already.. This was the only product available at my local craftstore for adding that 'snow look' to my project... I was pretty nervous using it as i had never used it before and i liked the way my project was going and didn't want to 'ruin' it..  I procrastinated quite a bit..  But i eventually bit the bullet and did it... 


See the mirror tiles?! And the snow? It really was a dream to work with... I just kind of dabbed it on... 


And before it dried i added glitter... I put the snow on shovels and noses... 


                    Glitter on snow flakes...


Found a little candle holder on.. you guessed it ... 50% off sale... lol.. I love how it turned out.. Yes it was tedious gluing on the shower glass and the tiles.. But i don't mind tedious as long as i think it was worth it in the end.. And i totally do.. 


And while i have you this was another project finished at the same time.. Again beautiful ornaments that were just too heavy for my tree.. Hubby cut the wood for me and put in little metal spikes to help hold the ornaments.. I stained the wood and glued them on.. Very simple but effective i think.. Now if you are STILL here.. lol I have the results of the GiveAway from last week.. 


Five visitors told me to put their name in the hat for the Bracelet GiveAway.. 


I folded them all up and hubby picked one from the pile and the winner is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                   Kate!!!! 

Kate if you'll email me your address i'll get it in the mail soon... jinxxxygirl at yahoo dot com. 

Thank you all for reading such a long post.. I would like to say i won't do it again but in truth i'm long winded.. ask some of my snail mail friends.. they'll tell you about the 'books' that are my letters.. lol Take care and have a beautiful first week of 2023!! I'll be around to visit.. Hugs! deb



18 comments:

  1. These are absolutely lovely! The snowmen are actually cute, I guess. Charming? Whatever--they're great! Congrats to the winner. Happy 2023!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished projects are fabulous! I totally loved reading how you recycled the broken shower door and the glass tiles. Yep, you have more patience than me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reuse of rejected material is really neat. The snow and ice made of tiny mirrors and all really have a great look, as do the little snowmen. Have a great year in craft work!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Korean bulgogi looks delicious. I love it too, and I haven't had it for a long time. And nice use of those heavy ornaments. I have some of those, so I'm going to keep these ideas in mind. I also have some of those disco ball style ornaments. I love the way they reflect light, (and when I had cats they loved chasing the light around), but I am going to remember what you did should I ever get tired of them. Your new decorations look amazing. You are a recycling queen for certain. Happy New year Deb, and happy T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornament decorations are amazing, and you have quite the imagination. The snowmen, the snow, the ice so adorable and the reindeer are so beautiful. I know you'll have a Happy and Creative Year! Happy T Day! PS: Congrats to Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Where to begin? I guess the Korean Bulgogi is a good place to start. It's been a LONG time since I had any Korean food, so this looks and sounds good. and of course, enjoying it with Coke must have been a real treat to start out the new year.

    Deb, I just got a call for help and will be back as soon as possible. Thanks for sharing your Coke and Korean Bulgogi with us for T this week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing what you did with those cute snowmen. Perfect use for those tiles and shattered glass - the finished project looks fantastic. I like all the little details like snow on the snowmen's noses and hats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Deb, I totally love what you did with your snowmen. I am addicted to Snowtex and use it all the time! I usually splatter it on my cards and journaling pages but I have used it like you did for mixed media. It is cool with colors add in too if you need some texture for something other than snow like grout for bricks.

    Your other projects are fab too. You are very creative.

    Happy T-day!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both your projects. So clever; so creative. I can so relate to your saving broken glass. When a former neighbour was moving she somehow broke a lampshade that had fake crystals on it. She put them all in a pail and brought them over to me. She said, she just knew I would want them one day. They are still in the pail but they will definitely be used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As promised, I'm back. My foodie friend and neighbor Sally called and told me she had fallen. She managed to get up and sit in a chair, but was unable to get to the bedroom. I went down to her place (4 doors south) and helped her to the bedroom. I stayed while she undressed and got into bed. She said she was too shaky to brush her teeth before bed. But now I'm back.

    Those snowmen are adorable. Gee, I thought I was the queen of recycling, but I think your saving that shattered glass all those years puts me to shame. I love how the entire thing turned out. It is genius. I had never heard of Snow-tex, so I can see why you might have been a bit apprehensive using it the first time.

    Please don't laugh, but when I first saw the deer, I didn't notice the antlers and thought they were camels (Don't even snicker, please). This turned out great. I love it, even if I missed the antlers the first time I saw it. Thanks for sharing these with us for T this nearly Tuesday, dear Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big WOW - you are so creative and I love your Hubby helps you, too (mine just sorts our "bad" sketches).
    What a scattered door is good for, LOL! Others cry, you make really cool stuff of it! Chapeau!
    They all look wonderful! Since weeks I have a "cold as ice" spray here and.... don´t dare to use it! Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your snowy project is wonderful, a real wow! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. First glad you are at the T-party, the food looks amazing and I am glad you enjoyed the coke. However, I am so impressed with your snowmen and all the details you added. Just wonderful. Congrats to Kathy too. Have a truly wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to drink coke but haven't had any in a while. Maybe the next time we're out for pizza I'll splurge :)

    What a delightful snowman decoration. You actually used some of those things you thought you might use someday lol and what a treat you ended up with. I love it!

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that food looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing and wow, your snowmen artworks are amazing 😊. Loving how you used the glass and created an icy and snowy winter wonderland for them - perfect! Congratulations to Kate on her win! Happy New Year and wishing you a very Happy T Day too! Hugs Jo X

    ReplyDelete
  16. The food does look great although I have never eaten Korean food! Well done for keeping the glass, your candle holder looks fabulous! Happy New Year, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always amazed at your level of creativity. You think above and beyond what one would buy in the store. I can't say I would ever think to "dress up" a store bought item the way you did but it looks wonderful. I love the touches of snow but the mirrors around the base are my favorite! Do you ever buy Dollar Tree items and do this?
    I also love your "hat" sculpture.
    I am sending an email. Thanks to your hubby for picking my name!
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is so very creative. It must have been fairly hard to work with those mirror pieces. I like the way the ornaments are attached to the wood too. Keeps the in a group which makes them stand out more. Can't wait to see what you get up to next.

    ReplyDelete