Sunday, April 2, 2023

T stands for Bluebonnets and BlueRibbons..... !!


 The Bluebonnets are blooming even with a lack of rain... If we had gotten rain in the last few weeks they would have been so much more plentiful and beautiful... but they are still popping up along the roadsides.. 
And the results are in!!! lol  Out of 9 entries i'm bringing home 7 ribbons! The Bee Altered Book grabbed a Blue Ribbon.. 
                     As did the Silver Dragon
        The Koi painting received a Blue Ribbon!!

         The Mosaic Tile  Fence Post Toppers took                                 Second Place..! 
The Copper Dragon will be bringing home Third Place
And my Flower with a Face was enough to bring home a Third Place... 
The Mermaid colored pencil drawing . I was really rather pleased it grabbed Third Place.. the judges do not have a history of liking my colored pencil drawings so i'm really tickled with this.. The one's that took 1st and 2nd.. were realistic drawings so , so glad they gave me a little nod here.. 
Drinking my usual.... 
 
Well thats it... The Hobbit Door painting did not get a Ribbon nor did the Recycled Snowman Candle Holder.. A little bummed about that but on the whole i'm overjoyed by what i did receive!! Thanks so much for coming along for the ride. And all your comments and well wishes meant alot!  Now back to regular scheduled programming..lol Happy T day everyone! Hugs! deb

17 comments:

  1. You can probably thank Lady Bird Johnson for the bluebonnets along the roadsides, especially the interstate.

    I am SO pleased for you. You certainly deserved all those ribbons and 7 out of 9 is quite impressive. I was thrilled to see several of your works made the judges as happy as they did many of us. You rocked this, Deb!!!

    Loved your patriotic coke (red, white, and blue). Thanks for sharing the bluebonnets, your BLUE ribbons, and your red and white ribbons, along with your coke with us for T this week, dear Deb. I'm really excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! That's fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bluebonnets are so pretty, but I'm happier that the shade of blue are you ribbons. Congratulations! And Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well deserved!
    I have never heard of Lupins being called Blue Bonnets. But I can see why!
    Like Aquilegia being called Granny or Nanny's Bonnets...or Cap Nain Propor in Welsh...Nan's Posh Bonnet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great accomplishment! It's wonderful that your beautiful art work has been recognized.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, you rocked that exhibition, you are a star! Well done, I am so proud of you! Happy T Day, and BIG hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big, big wow and congrats, and, to be honest... not a big surprise! ;-)
    Yipppeeeee! Hugs and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud for you, Deb. Your creations were fabulous and I knew they would do well. I think your journal page is my favorite but the dragons are super cool. Lovely work! I know you are thrilled! Can't beat a good Coke too. Happy T-day, Happy Easter, and Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, Loved seeing your blue bonnets-I don't think I have ever seen those before, Congrats!! 7 ribbons our of 9 is very impressive!! I am glad you got the blue ribbon for your journal book especially.
    Happy T hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Deb. You sure brought home a lot of ribbons. That's so exciting. And well deserved too. Have a wonderful T day and week ahead, and Happy Easter also. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I'm happy the judges recognized your work. The koi painting is still my favorite :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is a score on winning and ribbons. Let's you know how much people appreciate you art. Well done indeed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so many wonderful wins! Great work!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Your art really is fabulous, and I am glad you got recognized in such a great way. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! 7 ribbons out of 9 entries is more than fab. Well done you! I'm glad you got some recognition as we all love your art. I love the Bee book.
    Belated Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You did great! Although I'm not a bit surprised you won so many ribbons. Your art work is so creative. Glad you are sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are really great successes, I congratulate you from the bottom of my heart ❤️!
    Happy Easter 🐣🐰🪺!
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/ruckschau-auf-den-marz-2023.html

    ReplyDelete