Monday, April 18, 2022

T stands for a Question......

 

Hello Elizabethan T partiers! Have you had a good week??  There is a questions that begs to be asked as Spring is coming to an end and Summer is looming large in the distance... or at least here in TX... And that question is..... 

If you have a glass of ice and Tea and you leave it sitting out in the sun and the ice melts.. Will it ever , ever, ever overflow the glass, cup or mug that you have it in?? 

I had cause to wonder this one day this past week as we had just left a restaurant with a 'to go' cup of ice and Tea and had to stop and run in the store for something.. The cup of Tea was full, full AND full of ice.. and i didn't want a mess in the truck... 

After a little thought we decided no it would not overflow.. We're we right?  You know i had to google it right? Now if you want,  go leave a comment with your answer.... no peeking at other answers...lol then come back and read the answer... 

๐Ÿ‘‡

๐Ÿ‘‡

๐Ÿ‘‡

๐Ÿ‘‡

The Answer.... "Ice takes up more space than water (because ice expands). So when the ice melts it shrinks and fits into the space equal to the volume of the water it displaced'.... So NO your wonderful glass of Tea will not overflow . Might taste a little watered down but not overflow... This is a very important thing for us Tpartiers to know going into Summer... Ha!  Thanks for stopping by... I've posted quite a bit this week so if you like you can go down the rabbit hole and  'See a tour of my Craftroom'   or   'Visit the Carnival'   or   'See what Crafty Project' i'm working on    or  See what i learned new this week on' Curious Fridays  ' Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb 

P.S. Thank you to everyone who 'followed' me this last week . I appreciate it very much!  



19 comments:

  1. I already knew the answer. Additionally, there is surface tension which keeps the liquid in place. Learned that part in physics class as an undergrad. Thanks for sharing this question and your tea with us for T this week, dear Deb. I love this photo and your question, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that. As I leave to go cups, all cups, around like that. But it was a fun T Day party question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun T day post Deb. I can even explain why ice is more expanded than liquid water-smile. But this made a fun T day post, and I liked reading it. Except for how your spring is almost summer. Here in New Hampshire we are still in early spring, and might even get a bit of snow tonight. Lucky you to get spring so early in the year. have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that too as I often have ice melted in my tea cup in the summer time-but it is a very fun question to think about. it does seem like it would overflow to me but it doesn't
    Happy T hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember having that question on a science exam in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I asked my smart husband the answer and he agrees with you!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. You asked about showing what you can do with napkins. I suggest you start here:
    https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2018/06/second-thursday-tutorial-playing-with.html
    This will show you ways to enable you to add napkins to your art projects.

    Once you have read ways to turn your napkins into art, here is a project I did just a few days ago. I left the pellon backing on the napkin until I was ready to position it over the background:
    https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2022/04/angel-of-morning.html

    I hope this gives you an idea of how I use my napkins in my art. If I had more time, I would look in my Halloween altered book to find examples of how I used orange napkins as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew that also though I hate ice in my drinks lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun post! I never finish my drinks on time, so I knew the answer - lol. Luckily I don't mind watered down drinks. Love the picture.

    Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew that one! *feeling proud* :) Watered-down tea, though... I'm thinking I'd have to start with a fresh glass lol Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a fun and interesting post Deb! I don't like using ice in my drinks so I just took a lucky guess;). Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great question, but I knew the answer. Not necessarily the scientific one, but just from experience! LOL, I get fill my cup water every night and pack it with ice before bedtime, so I can take it with me to bed. Sometimes by the time I take it with me to the bedroom, the ice is already melted, and the cup is no fuller. Great post. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a problem I've never come across, as I almost never do drinks to take out. But the answer was interesting. i love YOUR HEADER! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I already knew the answer. But it is a good question and you learned something new. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous post, thanks for sharing I knew it would overflow but I didn't know why - so interesting ๐Ÿ˜€. I love ice tea but only ever drink it on my travels to America, it's the best - Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi from my road trip, now in Tucson, Arizona, and enjoying the scenery. I'm afraid I can't do detailed comments as there's just too much to do!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already knew the answer, but it sure was a fun question to ask. This would be a great questions for elementary school students, making science more fun. I bet they would remember this much more than something they're learning in a textbook.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did peek and my brain slapped me in the face for that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha yes I quite often put lots of ice in my drinks to dilute it, yours looks yummy, I must make ice tea in summer but I forget and just drink iced water
    Bridget #20

    ReplyDelete